Audi TT wishbone bushes part numbers

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
Hi guys,

My front wishbone bushes need replacing on my 2002 Leon Cupra. I have read most of the threads about using the MK1 Audi TT Roadster (front wishbone) rear bush to replace the pitted bush on the leon.

Does anyone know the audi part numbers for TT bushes? Should I replace both bushes on the wishbone with the audi ones or just the rear one? I found these part number on a thread in the toledo section

Audi TT Front bush - 8N0 407 182A
Audi TT Rear bush - 8N0 407 181B

but just wanted to confirm as audi dont do refunds. Is the wishbone just bolted in or will I need a ball joint splitter?

Also, does the leon cupra have a dogbone mount and can the bushes for these be purchased individually from seat?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi mate i have the tt rear front bushes in the house waiting to be fitted but wont be able to check them until later sorry. You will have to press the bearing in to the wishbone. Just replace the fronts with the standard ones if needed as dont take anywhere the same amount of abuse as the rears.
The leon cupra has a dogbone mount but no point in replacing bushes with standard ones. Get powerflex ones as probably the best mod you can do on the cupra for the money. Works out about £15 if i remember rightly but reduces the movement of the engine and box massivly which improves the handling. Easy mod to do will only take half hour to change. No doubt there is a guide on here somewhere mate.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hi guys,

My front wishbone bushes need replacing on my 2002 Leon Cupra. I have read most of the threads about using the MK1 Audi TT Roadster (front wishbone) rear bush to replace the pitted bush on the leon.

Does anyone know the audi part numbers for TT bushes? Should I replace both bushes on the wishbone with the audi ones or just the rear one? I found these part number on a thread in the toledo section

Audi TT Front bush - 8N0 407 182A
Audi TT Rear bush - 8N0 407 181B

but just wanted to confirm as audi wont do refunds. Is the wishbone just bolted in or will I need a ball joint splitter?

Also, does the leon cupra have a dogbone mount and can the bushes for these be purchased individually from seat?

Thanks in advance.

The front TT bushes wont fit the Cupra wishbone as its different, there is a ball joint under the hub which will need to be separated from the wishbone but this can be done by removing three bolts, but as they are relatively cheap i would (did) change them, then there are two bolts one through each bush, remove the arb bolt and the wishbone will come of, i also replaced the bolts that go through the bushes they where only a couple of pounds. :D

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
I replaced mine last week. I used a standard Seat bush for the front and the audi one for the rear. Getting the wishbone out was pretty straight forward and I did not remove the ball joint. It is tricky doing it this way but is possible with some force.

To get the bushes out I used a large vice and heat for the front bush and for the rear I first cut through the rubber, then used a hack saw to cut through the metal and then used a screwdriver and hammer to remove the metal (see willie's guide in the readers rides section, page 8 or 9 I think).

To get the new bushes in I first coated the bushes with copper grease. I then used the vice to push in the front bush and for the rear bush I used the rear suspension mounts to hold the bush and squashed them in using the vice.

Fitting the wishbone back in was straight forward but hit a major disaster when putting in the front bush bolt. The weld nut had dropped off inside the sub-frame. After speaking to some local mechanics my only options were to either replace the whole sub-frame or to cut open the sub frame and re-weld the nuts. I decided on option 2 as this was the quickest and least painful to my wallet.
All in cost £110 which isnt to bad and was well worth it. My steering feels much better and much more solid.

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Fitting the wishbone back in was straight forward but hit a major disaster when putting in the front bush bolt. The weld nut had dropped off inside the sub-frame. After speaking to some local mechanics my only options were to either replace the whole sub-frame or to cut open the sub frame and re-weld the nuts. I decided on option 2 as this was the quickest and least painful to my wallet.
All in cost £110 which isnt to bad and was well worth it. My steering feels much better and much more solid.

The nut isn't welded on its a separate part as listed below No 7, i replaced all my wishbones last weekend along with front arb, the nut will have just fallen into a recess which can be reached, i replaced both the nut and bolt when i replaced the wish bones.

4095522014_91d59903bf_o.png

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
I think the one you refer to is the rear bush nut.

I am referring to the the nut that item number 5 screws into. Its impossible to get access to this as its box section with only a 10mm hole.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.