Auto Rain Sensor

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Just had mine fall off, cars only done 1200 miles stealership says that they had had a few!! They have to fit a new bit so car has to go in for a day, what with my daughters car ALARM problem off road for 4 weeks plus and now this I'm GETTING A BIT Pi@@ed OFF.
Any others with the same fault across the types - leon,atea etc.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Not had any problems with mine, I thought it looked pretty secure, I've knocked it a couple of times when cleaning the inside of the screen and it felt solid.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Not had any problems with mine, I thought it looked pretty secure, I've knocked it a couple of times when cleaning the inside of the screen and it felt solid.

My dealer in Wiltshire has had to change 4 so far - have noticed that the black bit gets hot??! this appears to have made the glue too soft to hold.
After being told that they wanted the screen out I have repaired the sensor myself it was the spring preloading the sensor angle and putting too much load on the adhesive patch. This was corrected by using 3M VHB tape [good for 15yrs once fitted] or NO NAILS RED double sided tape. Sensor now firm on screen and alls well.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise