Auto Start

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
Hi Guys an Gals.

I was just reading another thread about MK3 alarm systems and how they are cat2 alarms.

i then had a look at cliffords website just out if interest, and noticed they have an "auto start" option where you can start the car remotely with their alarms...

My question is... can you get one of these without having to fork out an extra £350 for the same quality alarm you already have?

i like the idea of being able to start the car 10mins before i leave in the morning, so its nice and warm on those crappy winter mornings, plus it will also be good for the turbo.

Any1 had any experiance with this idea?

andy. :)

R953 VSE

i read on someones mk4 golf site that they had fitted a remote start alarm. not sure if its a similar setup to the ibiza though.

it was wired up so that the handbrake had to be on otherwise it would not start, in case it drove away i imagine!

darrenh

...soon to have new shoes
Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
My friend had one for his Corsa (a long while ago now!!), the Clifford one is defo an 'addon' for the Clifford alarm. You buy the alarm and then can just add things on, pagers etc.

So, no - it won't (I don't think) attach to the original one.

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
It's a mega difficult thing to do on a modern car with transponders in the key, for starters you have to get a key stuck near the ignition barrel for the auto start to work!

There are also other implications to do with the law, it's against the law to leave a vehicle unattended whilst running!

On the other hand though a mate of mine used to have it on his MK3 Golf and it was such a cool toy - warm car in the mornings....lovely

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
it was wired up so that the handbrake had to be on otherwise it would not start, in case it drove away i imagine!

I've generally seen it on automatics because it can be wired up to the gear lever so only when it's in park it'll start, in manuals if it's left in gear your car could move when the car's started

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.