Autoelectrician help to bypass immobiliser : (

Barnsleylad88

My car has an immobiliser issue and its at the auto electricians at the moment, he says he cannot find anything wrong with it as i removed the code to start the car so i could get it to the garage. The code was 1570 (Immobiliser Issue). I want the immobiliser bypassed as this error code has stopped the car starting a number of times in the last few months.

He is unsure how to bypass the immobiliser and is going to ring me back tommorow, has ANYONE ON HERE BYPASSED THERE IBIZA????????? mine is a 97 plate 2.0 16v cupra.

Can they disable the immobiliser in the ECU? in this car? Or does it require another way?

Any info would be welcome as i could tell the electrician if people with the same/similar car have had success and how they have done it???

If not im going to have to buy a portable vag com and plug it in and wipe the code off every time the car feels it doesnt want to start.:wtf:

Many Thanks

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
usually the reader coil or an issue with the chip itself on that code iirc

have heard of some ecu repairers removing the code in the past with limited success

Barnsleylad88

Anybody know where in west yorkshire i would be able to get this done at?? The auto electrician at the moment says he cant remove/bypass the immobiliser

Barnsleylad88

HI, the cars been at the autoelectricians for the last two weeks and it hasnt misbehaved whilst it was there (Started every time) so he doesnt know what part(s) to replace. I collected it today and ive orded a portable code reader off the internet so on the odd occassion when the error code appears im going to have to remove it with the machine so i can get started.

P.s; Ibiza95 thanks for the information and offer to help, but il persever with this code reader and see if it works.

Many Thanks for you replys

badat_81

Jun 11, 2010
west yorkshire
hi , did you manage to sort this? just bought a toledo 1999 v5 2.3 with a immoniliser issue? thinking of buying a immobiliser bypass machine expensive but im thinking of going in to diagnostics anyway

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
Old thread i know but still, here is what you do, contact this guy who does a perfect job

vagtronics.co.uk

He removed my immobiliser issue for me and now works a treat

lagz33

ozaudio, i would pm but havent been registered 15 days yet.
Did you send the ECU up to him, how much did you pay?

lagz33

Hi James
Thanks for replying.
What were the symptoms you were having priot to sending your ECU off?

jamesvb

No symptoms to tell you I'm afraid,as I just wanted it decoding to carry around with me as a spare.
Rolling Motion were very helpful and knowledgeable,and said they would test my ECU before doing anything else. They (or someone else) should be able to test yours,which might be advisable. The fault could possibly be in one of the components that are coded to the ECU (transponder,ignition key etc).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.