Baffled sump. BDMS or OEM?

jamiebennett81

does anyone on here run the BDMS sump?

just gone out to my car this morning, and was fiddling with a bit on the bay, dropped a bolt....to see if it had fallen to the floor and I noticed a tiny pool of oil just underneath where the sump is....looks like my sump may be cracked:cry:

How much is the OEM one compared to the BDMS one....although seeing as mine is very low to the ground, I might get the BDMS one as it has the strenghening plate for lowered cars like mine

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
BDM one is copy of seat sport one, which is what I have run fine for years

Do BDM also include the extra oil drain fitting? (edit-looking @ the ebay link its looks like it does'nt)

jamiebennett81

ha ha, I have just worked out the seller who is selling it

It's Robdon

the scottish flag and carbon mirrors gave it away from recent parts bought and sold....

jamiebennett81

yep its definitely Rob

reply from why I asked why he is selling it

"I was going to do trackdays this year but have changed my mind, so I don't need it now, I'm going to buy a water/methanol injection kit instead! BTW yes it accepts the oil level sensor."

thats Rob then as I know he is buying the methanol kit :D

EDIT: just got the price from Seat for a new one £91. think I might have to go with this as I really cant afford this, with going hybrid k03s as well :(

Last edited by a moderator:

jamiebennett81

My car has a metal sump guard on it, I'll get a pic when the centre exhaust is being replaced soon.

if you could please mate, where did you get that from and was it easy to fit?

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
just a quicy.. can you not pull te sump off and tig it?? you can make up some baffells at the same time and a nice big plate to weld on the bottom??

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
if you could please mate, where did you get that from and was it easy to fit?

Here you go, sorry the pic is not 100% clear

dscf0175large.jpg

jaymd

Jun 28, 2006
Macclesfield - Cheshire
The sump guard can be order with all the parts for around £170
I think the parts required as below but i will make sure later.

2x 1J0018885A Bracket £12.88
1x 1J0018930C Grille £77.29
3x 1J0018967A Bracket £2.73
3x 1J0018977A Buffer £1.14
7x N10070403 Bolt £0.95
7x N90810601 Cap nut £1.42
2x N90870401 Bolt £1.05

You will need a special tool King Klick T100 i think it was.It is for fitting some expanding rivets so the bracket can be attached.

It does hang low tho.