BAM code... Help identify this hose, and keep an eye on yours!

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Hi guys.
I was having a poke and prod about my engine yesterday, just to check over hoses, and found one had split!

It starts at the top of the throttle body, goes up towards the head, under the plastic cover, through a non-return valve, and up to a T-piece at the top of the bay. One end then goes down to the TIP, and the other goes across, and down onto the power steering reservoir.

I reckon/am guessing its either a vac-servo assist for the power steering pump, or a simple way of increasing throttle while using powersteering at low engine speeds (parking etc.)

I cant say i noticed a difference when i taped it up (8mm silicone hose on order), but thats not to say ive done a good enough job of sealing it!

I just wanted to write this thread to see if anyone can positively identify the hose, and to give you guys another heads-up about hoses to keep an eye on!

Happy motoring,

Dan

P.S. If you read this Nibbles, Bratislava was awesome!!:cheers:

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Might have made a mistake...
Having looked at the diagram for LCR pipework, it looks like ive mistaken the powersteering reservoir for the activated carbon filter!!
Dumbass...

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Might have made a mistake...
Having looked at the diagram for LCR pipework, it looks like ive mistaken the powersteering reservoir for the activated carbon filter!!
Dumbass...

Reading your first post I thought you might have had it wrong.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
It starts at the top of the throttle body, goes up towards the head, under the plastic cover, through a non-return valve, and up to a T-piece at the top of the bay. One end then goes down to the TIP, and the other goes across, and down onto the power steering reservoir.

The pipe in this thread? If so youl'll find it hard to get a part number for it, I tried several SEAT garages and an Audi garage, all could give me details for the pipes either side of the one with the bends in it, but had no info for the pipe I needed!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Or you could just replace the whole piece with silicon and be done with it, just make sure it doesnt rub on the engine cover.
I am not the only one who has done this, isnt that so phill:p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.