bent subframe repair?

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Does any one know the affects of a bent subframe. I have been advised that I may have this problem, i have had new strut, new knuckle, hub bearings etc, laserlined tracking but its still pulling to the left and massive tyre wear on the right hand tyre. also any ideas on who can fix this, im in kent and all the garages say i have to go to main dealers for repair, they want £500 inc laserline, any ideas?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As above, look for LC, LCR, R32, TT and MK4 Golf GTI ones, all the same.
If the sub frame is bent then you might find the wishbones have taken a bash too

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
So would you advise them looking at it first to see if it requires the wishbones also, not looking to good then is it :cry:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
TBH it would be difficult to tell if the wish bones were bent aswell.
But yup a full report on what they think is wrong and how it happened would be a good starting place before rushing out and buying loads of bits.
If there isn't any indication of impact then it might just be worn wish bone bushes

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
I know something is bent as it had a knock a few years ago making it cat D (found out after i bought it) i'm not sure what the damage is, AmD thinks it could be a possible subframe issue. the car pulls to the left even after laserlignment. Just a bit cheesed off as was going stage 2 and will have to spend that money now!:(

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
2 years!!!
I thought you might have just bought the car!!
I'd go for bushes first.
When you got the alignment done was it massively out or just a little?

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
2 years!!!
I thought you might have just bought the car!!
I'd go for bushes first.
When you got the alignment done was it massively out or just a little?

ive had the car 7 months lol, i did a hpi check after i bought it (what an idiot).
its was out enough to have strut, knuckle, hub etc replaced, but its still out. i would have thought if the bushes needed replacing then whilst in the shop that would have been looked at not suggested it may be the subframe, but then thats why im asking, i have not got a clue:shrug:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You would like to think they have done the bushes aswell but TBH I wouldn't be surprised. Usually no one changes these unles there hanging out.
If the hub needed replacing then minimum I'd change that side wish bone with new bushes too, perhaps the ball joint aswell.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
what system did they set it up on, try to find a hunter system as there the best, its what we use, this will tell you every aspect of it,

check on alignmycar.com

jake

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
I have a subframe for sale at a very reasonable price, interested? :)

'Having to go to main dealers for repair' is BS, my local independant garage was happily gonna fit this to my Leon before I found out it was a ball joint at fault.

Last edited:

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
I have a subframe for sale at a very reasonable price, interested? :)

'Having to go to main dealers for repair' is BS, my local independant garage was happily gonna fit this to my Leon before I found out it was a ball joint at fault.

PM sent

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise