bertrum

Thought it was about time to start a thread on my past and present Ibiza's. Only 19, and on my third!

Starting off with my first car, "hand-me-down" from mother dearest;
Never really took any pictures of her until it came time to sell.

1.2 12v! Served me well, college and back everyday. Even managed to get me to Scotland - the last 10miles on 1 cylinder thanks to coilpacks!
Had most of the common 1.2 faults; timing chain, TCA bushes, ARB bushes, Coolent Temp Sensor lol!

Only things I changed on the car were the HU, front speakers and the smell inside!
P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Next came my First of the Formula Sports. Unfortunately lol, I don't have any pictures of it before it died :cry: brace yourself....
robcar1.jpg

P1010115.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010114.jpg

P1010119.jpg

oooooooooooooops! :redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

bertrum

4 Months later, I found another Formula Sport in Black Magic at the Castlegate SEAT dealership Norwich :thumbup: great service!

I've managed to break the 3months mark on owning this one, and have begun to change bits where neccessary, and also where I just feel like it:D

The first mod that had to be done - even if a temporary measure - was to get rid of the pea-shooter exhaust that ruined the back end!

So, ventured off to halfords in search of their exhaust trims. Some of them weren't soo bad, and would of fit the job (by this I mean look better than before) but, they branded "ripspeed" on them... :no:
I comtemplated wether I could get away with turning it upside-down to hide the god-awful logo, but the nicest design was an angled cut and wouldn't of worked.

MotorWorld it is then! I had a brief look at the twin pipe options, but I much prefered the "cupra" look so, it had to be an oval. They had two that I liked, one was slightly angled, and one was flat. (Neither had embarassing branding on them so I was extra happy!)
Took them both outside and offered them up, both looked good, but there was an obvious winner!.....

IMAGE_2211.jpg

Everyone knows that the 'closeness' of the back wheels makes the back end look "tight like tiger, yesh?". Answer, spacers! Managed to source some cheap 6mm spacers (each side). Not huge, but big enough to notice the difference.

Thanks to ArmadilloIbiza on here, Eibach Pro Springs were next to go on. Expected a 30/25mm drop but after a bit of a thrashing to Wales and back last weekend with camping gear etc, the back has settled at more like 30, so I'm happy (for the moment - anybody got some coilovers going spare?)!

A pic after a quick wash last week:

IMAGE_2181.jpg

Next to my brothers 'oh-so-sweet' Leon:

IMAGE_2202.jpg

And some pictures from Wales:

P1010052.jpg

P1010133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bertrum

The other week, I noticed the thread about the Flip Key and, I wanted one! So, I got one! Fully functional, all I need is the badge for it lol!
P1010144.jpg

Rumaging through the garage, I found a K&N filter sat doing nothing, from my brothers old Leon 1.6. Pondered a little, and thought feck it, lets give it a go. PERFECT fit! Opens up more top end, and pulls harder than with standard engine cover on. But without the engine cover, it all seems a bit naked and empty - I think modifying the engine cover and moving the K&N is in order...eventually.
The filter gives quite a nice induction roar, and is quite loud... or so i've been told!

In preparation for GTI tomorrow, a few bits were ordered and have found there way on this week. Starting with my LCR splitter....

P1010140.jpg

P10101421.jpg

Followed by my Polo rear Aero wiper!

P1010141.jpg

I did order some SCN stcikers and hoped they would be here before GTI, but unfortunately not!

bertrum

done anything else to it since the lowering?

love the pics from my home land of WALES

brings a tear to my eye:cry:

I love the pics from Wales too. Got a few more actually. Did manage to find some nice roads although the cattle grids were very amusing, back end twitched a few times lol!

Other than the K&N, only cosmetic. I plan for a cat-back system but for some reason I like the centred back bumper available from SEAT - gonna wait until i've decided about that one.

I have found that SOMETIMES the throttle response isn't that great... anybody know much about the DBW booster thingys?

bertrum

Opinions, suggestions, criticisms :blink: are welcome! I do have more future plans and will be revealed now and again! Thanks for reading :D

Mat

dude! that is one hell of a smash!

did you get HIDs for the new one?

bertrum

cheers mate... don't fancy paying hids4u prices :lol: fleabay it is then!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.