Best budget tyres for Leon Cupra ?

sixarm

Jul 24, 2008
Anyone know anything about Nexen tyres?

I'm not sure what happened with my original post...anyway.

I need to replace my two front tyres on my Cupra R. Having read the thread about budget tyres - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184898 - I've decided to go for some Falken 452's. My local tyre place has quoted me £83.95 per tyre for the Falken's, but they recommended Nexen 6000's for £76.50.

Anyone know whether these are any good?

Cheers.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I'd stick with the 452's mate - people give them good reviews. It's worth the extra £15 just not to take the risk on some unknown brand. Don't forget the garage will want to try and flog you what best for their margin or whats in stock.

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
I have the Hankook V12's on my Focus ST, and they seem pretty god so far, still a bit slippy if you push to hard in the wet, tends to make the front wash out a little. Less than the continentals that were on before though.

I can definately recommend Camskill for service though, I had always used mytyres before, but they were cheaper at camskill. I will be getting some for my LC soon, same size 225/40/18 as my focus.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Well for £50 a tyre it'd be great at that price to get some decent tyres. My current ones are real budget and grip crap in the wet. I want to actually feel safe when driving in conditions like that as does anyone I suppose. I've been thinking of changing them since I owned the car, as has been said, not much point fitting crap tyres if you've got +180hp pushing them!

sixarm

Jul 24, 2008
I've gone for the Falken's. I should be getting them put on tomorrow as they had to order them in.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
yeah rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nexen budget performance...........................
falken fk 452 are great get 16k out tthe front 20k from rear!!!! lcr will handle better dont pay anymore than £70 a tyre...............
cheers

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
I paid 59 a corner fitted + balanced, inc vat for my falkens. youd be daft to pay any more than 70....

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
yeah i paid £55 inc vat and fitting. ive known the chap at my local tyre place for 11 years,loads of discount....well a bit!!................!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!! your price was good....

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
yeah i paid £55 inc vat and fitting. ive known the chap at my local tyre place for 11 years,loads of discount....well a bit!!................!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!! your price was good....

hahaha! I was quoted 59quid + vat on the phone but was cheeky and said i was quoted 59 inc vat, he said no problem straight away! Saved me just over 40quid right there!:lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.