Best panel air filter for LCR

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
i have smoothed and drilled my airbox and was thinking of putting a pipercross panel filter in, but i may be more interested in buying your CDA ;) apparently the best bet is a drilled smoothed airbox with green cotton filter and cold ait feed

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
i have smoothed and drilled my airbox and was thinking of putting a pipercross panel filter in, but i may be more interested in buying your CDA ;) apparently the best bet is a drilled smoothed airbox with green cotton filter and cold ait feed

Ill let you know what i decide in the end mate. I used to have a nuespeed filter and heatshield on it but change to the CDA noticed a differance with the change then.Are the CDA's really not good for them?:confused:

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
tbh i dont know, i cant see anything wrong with a cda, i think its all down to personal preferance, but dont hold me on that

robertj

weight is the enemy
I've had a K&N panel filter on mine for 2 years now. It gets cleaned at service time (at Jabba) and I'm still on the cars original MAF so no oiling up issues.
Brian at Jabba recons a panel filter is as much as you need even when remapped. Or so he told me before they put a custom map on mine.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'v got a PiperX in mine.
Personally I think a bigger cold air feed pipe is key to using the OE airbox

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
JBS are fitting green cotton panel filters as part of a package deal with phase 1 remaps so they must be pretty good.
having mine done in a few weeks so will let you know

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
after doing some searching on here i heard the green cotton pannel filter was the best filter to fit people seem to have good rr results

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
Did you fit one in the end swoosh225? had min fitted today, ive only smoothed the airbox and you can just about hear the DV, im going to try it for a few weeks then try an open cone with heat sheild and see the differance

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members