best site for geunine parts / oil - cupra r

aletchet

Apr 27, 2008
I've got an 03 seat leon cupra R

Sorry guys ive been looking through the forum regarding what oil to use, ive found some threads listing a variety of specs to use and some people are saying so so oil meets the spec but is not any good and I also couldnt find a sticky on this.
so basically whats the most suitable/best brand and model of oil to buy that I can get from a local motor factors i.e halfords ? :)

Whats a decent site for ordering genuine seat parts? ive found www.vwspares.co.uk - they any good? Any one got any other decent ones, just need to order oil filter,air filter,spark plugs etc

thanks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi, Yeah ive used them before there good but the price after you add in delivery and vat at the end doesnt make it as cheap as it sounds. Also worth trying GSF car parts and Euro Car parts but i find euros site rubbish to find what you actually want always best to get into there parts centres. My local TPS vw trade parts place does all the vag range of oem parts and for oil id go halfords as there everywhere and i like to use mobile 1 5w-30 ESP.
Adam

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
Hi, Yeah ive used them before there good but the price after you add in delivery and vat at the end doesnt make it as cheap as it sounds. Also worth trying GSF car parts and Euro Car parts but i find euros site rubbish to find what you actually want always best to get into there parts centres. My local TPS vw trade parts place does all the vag range of oem parts and for oil id go halfords as there everywhere and i like to use mobile 1 5w-30 ESP.
Adam

will your TPS sell to you as end user?

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
yeah walked in there many a time and talked to about 4 different employees on seperate occasions, wiper arms and blades even came with 15% discount. There my only local dealer as im tired of walking into Seat - Kinghams most useless garage ever - the manager sends all his staff on lunch at 1-2 so you cant order parts, pay or get refunds I said thats stupid and his answer was "i'm a terrible Manager" to which i agreed.

Last edited:

aletchet

Apr 27, 2008

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Halfords sell castrol edge 5w 30 its 504.00 spec which is the correct oil to use in your LCR. Its about 50 odd quid for 4 litres but if you have a trade card you can get it a bit cheaper. Its bloody good stuff too!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.