Bl00dy Chavs. Help me fix me mirror Plz..

BUGIE

Representing the Maltese
Aug 12, 2004
Germany
Bl00dy Chavs.. I came back to my car to find that some knob had pulled my mirror all the way forward and so broke it. I'm sure the ***** did it on purpose as there wasn't any damage which would indicate the mirror had been hit by a car. I hope whoever did it keels over and dies!

yesterday I pulled the back cover off only to find that while the mirror is in place it is essentially only held in place by the electric motor wire which is now under alot of tension seeing as the spring loaded metal pole which the wire passes through has been pushed up so that it is now pressing against the top of the mirror case and is now leaning slightly to one side.
I tried pushing the pole down to no avail (i think the spring is stopping it).

I also noticed that the pole appears to have a joint half way down where i presume it should slip onto a slightly wider pole coming up from the bottom of the base of the mirror. Is this correct?
If so does anyone have diagrams / Photos of how a mirror should look and more importantly instructions on how to dismantle the mirror (remove the mirror glass, electric motor, etc).

Also if you purchase a new mirror does it come with the base or just the mirror case?

Thanks,

Chris

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
If you can get some pics of the mirror I think I can help with this.

I had a Skoda Octavia where someone had done the exact same thing, and popped the whole mirror off. The washer that held it on all was broke and that f00ked it. Me and dad managed to bodge a fix and held it, but couldn't get the mirror reconnected (so it never heated again)

Skoda wanted £120 for a complete mirror set.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
you have to use a web site called www.photobucket.com mate. load your pictures on there, copy the IMG code and paste it into your message box. the pic will come up then. :) you will have to make an account on photobucket. it doesnt cost.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.