Black and Yellow Cupra R alloys

JoeR225

I have just gave my spare alloy to my mate who sprays wheels and i have asked for the whole thing to be sprayed black with the face between the spokes to match the yellow of my car, the face to be yellow is not the one right on the tip of wheel but the domed affect one just offset into the alloy.

Anybody got any comments or other idea of what could be black and what could be yellow?

Has anybody seen this done before and what did it look like etc?

Much love :)

matt-drummer

Jun 14, 2007
Ipswich
I think wheels look best all one colour, the designers spend ages coming up with something that looks good, adding multicolours will just spoil the shape of the alloys that the designers spent so long trying to acheive.

White makes it look llike a rally car, silver fairly standard and black or dark grey looks good on anything other than a black car.

All this is my opinion of course, it'll be interesting to see your sample wheel, if you like it go for it, who cares what anyone else thinks.

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
the only bad thing will be keeping the yellow clean with the brake dust.all you can do is try and if it looks crap spray them all black

JoeR225

Yeah i will post a picture up of the sample wheel when i get one off my mate, they should look cool but like said before if it looks rubbish i am always spray them again, i am using the spare and a practice wheel lol, getting them all done for £60, the lad i know has sprayed a few sets of wheels including his own on his little yaris lol

JoeR225

This is the finished product for the black and yellow cupra r alloys, i am rather please with these and think they will really stand out on the car, however this is the spare wheel and i still have the four on the car to spray but i think i will go ahead with it and ill get more pictures on with the wheels fitted to the LCR. :)

att_2.jpg

JoeR225

yeah the calipers are the brembo red at the minute but i am trying to find places that will re-laquer them properly for me in yellow obviously and i wil need to put the brembo decal on just dont want people to think they are fakes as brembos are usually always red lol

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
yeah the calipers are the brembo red at the minute but i am trying to find places that will re-laquer them properly for me in yellow obviously and i wil need to put the brembo decal on just dont want people to think they are fakes as brembos are usually always red lol

The calipers are pretty easy to do yourself. I bought some yellow paint off flea bay, cleaned the calipers up and got the missus to paint them, steadier hand and all. That was a couple of years ago and they still look as they did. Suppose the only pain is having the car up on axle stands for a while for the paint to dry properly. And might take a couple of coats to go over the red properly.

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
not sure i like them but may look better on the car.

Well done for trying something different and not just the norm! hopefully they turn out good for you

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.