Black Grille for Facelift leon part number and cost found

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
I have managed to find a part number and the cost of one and now have it fitted.

1p0853651d9b9
£91.12 inc vat

fitting wise, pop out the 2 press-studd type things on the top of the grille, pull grille forwards from the top and it will just come out. then reverse this for fitting.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have managed to find a part number and the cost of one and now have it fitted.

1p0853651d9b9
£91.12 inc vat

fitting wise, pop out the 2 press-studd type things on the top of the grille, pull grille forwards from the top and it will just come out. then reverse this for fitting.

Wow I had a qote from Ted Johnson and it was only £42 + Vat?????

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
That does seem a bit pricey, proberly cheaper to get the original painted! where did you get the price from?

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Wouldn't deal with Ted Johnson. Try David at Sere Motors, it was around £30-£35 i think inc VAT and Postage.

All,

Nothing wrong with Ted Johnsons: first class service, great prices, discount for us seatcupra.net members, close to Barnsley FC :clap:, etc.

Nothing wrong with Sere Motors either - I have had stuff from them also, great prices and speedy delivery.

Mike
(Flying the flag for the Spanish car maker, small Seat dealerships and local football club)

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
All,

Nothing wrong with Ted Johnsons: first class service, great prices, discount for us seatcupra.net members, close to Barnsley FC :clap:, etc.

Nothing wrong with Sere Motors either - I have had stuff from them also, great prices and speedy delivery.

Mike
(Flying the flag for the Spanish car maker, small Seat dealerships and local football club)

Agreed!
Alex

LP6

Are the fittings of the grille the same on facelift and pre-facelift models?
There are a couple of nice after market options, but they are just marked 2005-.
The importer here in Finland can't even find the part number for facelifted Cupra grille...

-LP-

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
All,

Mike

Hmmm. Ted Johnson are very hit and miss IMO.

Servicing is fine as are other standard bits and bobs - however, when the problem isn't straight forward they aren't the greatest.

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
the facelift version is different in fitting and style.

if it doesnt have the honeycombe grille then it wont fit.. hence the price hike !!

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
the facelift version is different in fitting and style.

if it doesnt have the honeycombe grille then it wont fit.. hence the price hike !!

Not true, there is a pre-facelift grill with Honeycombe (not the insert) if you can get hold of one like I and some others did.

It is known as the Linea R Grill

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Not true, there is a pre-facelift grill with Honeycombe (not the insert) if you can get hold of one like I and some others did.

It is known as the Linea R Grill

Are there any pics of the linea grill with a black surround?

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Are there any pics of the linea grill with a black surround?

Check the pictures in my profile ;)

picture.php

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I got the 1st Linea R Grill from Dave @ Seres when it came out for £55, got it sprayed black for £30

Its hard to take a picture of though, looks better in real life

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
I just fitted my new Cupra Grille, ordered Thursday afternoon, arrived today £67.50 inc p&p. All thanks to Dave @ SERE, excellent service and a very helpful chap. Fitting was a doddle as per the instructions at the top of the thread, much easier than the mirror covers!:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.