cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
Some pictures of the motor in the snow - very dirty, sorry.

Then some pictures of new front very clean - had bonnet sprayed looks like new now. Just debating whether to put the cupra r splitter back on?

Also comments welcome and appreciated on the top pre-facelift grilles. I never really liked the greyness of the honeycombe grilles.

P1000114.jpg

P1000117.jpg

P1000121.jpg

P1000145.jpg

P1000146.jpg

P1000141.jpg

P1000144.jpg

Last edited:

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I'm already on my second splitter. damn them high kerbs :doh:

They do finish the facelift bumpers off nicely though.

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
I'm already on my second splitter. damn them high kerbs :doh:

They do finish the facelift bumpers off nicely though.

yeh they do finish off those bumpers nicely. was a bit of a pig to fit it last time if i remember, think i used the wrong screws!

what do you think to the pre-facelift grilles sheffboy?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
yeh they do finish off those bumpers nicely. was a bit of a pig to fit it last time if i remember, think i used the wrong screws!

what do you think to the pre-facelift grilles sheffboy?

I like em mate. If someone told me they were going to change them I wouldn't of thought they'd look right but to be honest it looks good.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
off topic a bit here, what are your brakes like?

Looking at upgrading mine soon.

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
they were pap to start as started on crappy standard pads, so got some harder compound pads so once they bedded in they are better than standard. Plus i think they look nice.

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
Update: Now put the R splitter back on - just sets of the front end nicely. A mix of facelift and pre-facelift grilles!

Next is a new conical filter - changing from the green panel.

P1000149.jpg

P1000152.jpg

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Definately looks better with the splitter on.
Are these easy to fit?

Seen a genuine one for £27 on fleabay, does it need a fitting kit aswell?

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
Definately looks better with the splitter on.
Are these easy to fit?

Seen a genuine one for £27 on fleabay, does it need a fitting kit aswell?

was my second time fitting one so prob took me around 30mins - Tips - i didnt bother jacking it up although probably would have been easier, also get a mate to help or some tape to hold up in place.

just go to the seat dealer mate, it costs about the same. I used some self-tap screws - [URL="http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=529&Itemid=6"url]See here for guide[/url]

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
New Toys

Recently taken delivery of a liquid gauge, tt jacking points and jetex 80mm neck conical filter setup. Being off work this week I've fitted all and then a nice wash to top it off!

P1000204.jpg

P1000196.jpg

Not really taken down any logs on the liquid gauge as yet but iv noticed on the digital speed function its slower 2mph out.
Not tried the TB reset with it yet - it does gives instructions how to do it on screen - hoping for some smoother improvement
when idling for this as its a bit jerky at present.

P1000207.jpg

The TT jacking points are great, sould have been fitted as standard - had it up on each one today to swap the wheels round (bad front wear)
and they are very sturdy. The one pictured is of the rear.

P1000198.jpg

The Jetex setup - noticed dv alot louder now and more induction growl over a panel filter - if you can hear the growl over darth!
Did do a MAF read before i fitted the jetex when i had green panel on and came out as 154g/s. Will do a read tonight with the jetex.

P1000213.jpg

Any comments and/suggestions to what to do next!!:think:

Last edited:

cuprastupot

Eleanor
Aug 27, 2009
Chester & Crewe
Liquid Gauge Readings

Took some readings earlier - all done in 3rd from around 2,500rpm. Not sure if these are the expected results for a stage 1. Will do a searchy.

P1000217.jpg

P1000219.jpg

P1000216.jpg

P1000214.jpg

P1000220.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members