Black Leon transformation (not 56k friendly too many pics)

I was booked to see what I could do with a nice looking Leon FR for a fellow member Olaf.

Here is what greeted me, doesn't look too bad, a bit grubby but given the changable weather of late its only to be expected.

P1010431.jpg

P1010432.jpg

P1010433.jpg

P1010427.jpg

P1010430.jpg

Last edited:
However on closer inspection using the brinkmann light even through the dirt you could see the swirls...

P1010439.jpg

P1010440.jpg

P1010441.jpg

P1010444.jpg

P1010445.jpg

So on with the wash, and clean, firstly the wheels and arches using a citrus cleaner, a 5 min soak and then re doing and using a Swissvax wheel brush to clean the dirt from them, followed by pressure washing these and the arches.

Next up was the bodywork, using AS Hazzsafe TFR, a very mild pre wash used to soften the dirt and make life easier, this was sprayed over the whole car, allowed to dwell for 5 mins and then rinsed off. Followed with a 2 bucket shampoo wash. then while still wet clay bar the whole body and glass using Sonus grey clay, slightly more aggressive than some so does inflict some clay marrings but it does rip all the contaminents off quickly. Once it was clayed it was time to re wash and rinse, and finally giving it a dry.

Then it was onto do a test area and see what product and pad combination would give the desired results. After a couple of experiments I decided on the Menzerna IP 3.01 on a white Wolfgang pad via the rotary was the way to go. Now remember how the car looked before I started, you wouldn't think that the machining would add much, well the test area shows what it really did look like and how it would look afterwards, there really is a change...

P1010450.jpg

P1010452.jpg

P1010453.jpg

P1010454.jpg

P1010455.jpg

P1010456.jpg

Cracking on round the car using this combination, then following up with the Chemical Guy's EZ-Glaze via a blue spot pad and the PC, and finally topping it off with the yet to be released Dodo Green Soft wax applied by bare hands (no applicators here just palms and fingers :) )

The wheels were treated to a coat of CG's Wheel Guard, tyres and arches got some AS Finish (spray on, leave for a few mins and wipe off excess :) ) Trim and seals were finished with Race Glaze RG14 Plastic Enhanser. The glass was cleaned with Swissvax Crystal, and finally the shuts were cleaned and polished with CG's Cherry wet wax.

Last edited:

Si_P

If you don't mind me asking how much did that cost?

Cos it looks absolutely amazing!!!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Special Rate for SCN members - Gary charges £25 an hour. Takes between 8-10 hours for the full exterior.

Sure Gary will be along with more details or to correct me later if I am wrong.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.