Black liquid from exhaust?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Today when i had parked near my work, i noticed that my car had a puddle of black liquid where the exhaust was. I noticed that it was dripping from the tailpipe. Is this something to be worried about or is this normal?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
:lol:

Your flux capacitor is leaking, best buy a new one on ebay :yes:

What is that? This is the first time i have noticed this happening and the puddle was not that big (200mm square). Car is still under warranty so this should be covered? Also i have not noticed any difference in the performance of the car

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Ah well if it's under warranty just go in and ask for the part to be fitted for free, it only needs 1 clip and 1 screw. Maybe they could fit a double polarity one and you may find the car goes faster. :D

Fast enough to travel in time maybe...................

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Modern technology eh? not like carburettors and dizzy caps, it's all electronic.

Ha ha ha just becuase i am younger than most on here :p Found out what his means lol! But on a serious note is there anything wrong with my car?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Ha ha ha just becuase i am younger than most on here :p Found out what his means lol! But on a serious note is there anything wrong with my car?

I take it your car is a diesel? Just moisture from your exhaust gases mixing with the sooty build up from diesel particulate.

Or its your dilithium crystal.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
It`s probably just water... a by-product of combustion that normally escapes the exhaust as vapour but when the car/exhaust is cold it can sometimes be seen dripping out. It`s more common on petrol cars.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
It`s probably just water... a by-product of combustion that normally escapes the exhaust as vapour but when the car/exhaust is cold it can sometimes be seen dripping out. It`s more common on petrol cars.

Thank you for you sensible reply Neo

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I take it you have noticed that on damp mornings cars exhausts have steam coming out of them?

Also burning petrol makes carbon deposits inside the exhaust.

The steam condensates and drips out washing a little of the carbon with it.

Or it could be your grommet manifold quadrant depressor needs calibrating. :yes:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
ladies-back-to-the-future-delore-1.jpg