Black SEAT Badge options?

Brandon Ridley

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, I have a 2016 Cupra 290 and am after some black SEAT badges front and back. Just wondering what are the best options. Anyone got pictures of theirs and where they got them from?

Cheers,
Brandon

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi, I have a 2016 Cupra 290 and am after some black SEAT badges front and back. Just wondering what are the best options. Anyone got pictures of theirs and where they got them from?

Cheers,
Brandon
RD design in Germany do them all but pricey.

I had front wrapped, but rear boot badge was a PITA so bought a painted one from said company. Wasn’t cheap, about £100 delivered.

Reactions: Brandon Ridley

Brandon Ridley

Aug 2, 2018
RD design in Germany do them all but pricey.

I had front wrapped, but rear boot badge was a PITA so bought a painted one from said company. Wasn’t cheap, about £100 delivered.

Yeah I don’t want to spend a lot haha. Probably get them wrapped if you’d recommend it. Are the stickers any good? I can’t imagine they would be but someone said to look into them.

Thanks for the help

Crumpy

May 9, 2018
Yeah I don’t want to spend a lot haha. Probably get them wrapped if you’d recommend it. Are the stickers any good? I can’t imagine they would be but someone said to look into them.

Thanks for the help
Plastic dip them, basically is a sticker then so can peel off when you need to, thats how I've done mine. just make sure you mask up the surrounding area well enough so don't get it everywhere and put enough coats on so that it does peel off correctly when it comes to taking it off. tin of black is about £10/15ish plenty to do front and back. loads a vids showing how to do it on Youtube.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Make sure you buy genuine usa plastidip and not the UK stuff being sold on ebay by plastidipuk.

The USA product is far superior, goes on thicker, looks better and lasts longer.

Crumpy

May 9, 2018
Make sure you buy genuine usa plastidip and not the UK stuff being sold on ebay by plastidipuk.

The USA product is far superior, goes on thicker, looks better and lasts longer.
Yeah good shout, make sure its the good stuff.

Brandon Ridley

Aug 2, 2018
Plastic dip them, basically is a sticker then so can peel off when you need to, thats how I've done mine. just make sure you mask up the surrounding area well enough so don't get it everywhere and put enough coats on so that it does peel off correctly when it comes to taking it off. tin of black is about £10/15ish plenty to do front and back. loads a vids showing how to do it on Youtube.
Cheers mate I’ll defo be looking into it

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****! How many times does he actually say the same thing without actually saying anything new! That video could of been 10 seconds long!!!!! And why is it better? He never says or shows you. Honestly that video is about as helpful as a spade in keyhole surgery.

Urgggghhh!!!

Sorry @Brimfull not a go at you, as your trying to help but OMG can’t get over how bad that video was. Makes me want to go buy the UK stuff out of sheer spite.

Off to go and find out why it’s better and probably buy the US stuff...

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I have bought both and the UK stuff is crap in comprassion. It does not spray as with the same thick texture as the USA. The result of this is when it comes to peeling off the excess around whatever it is that your spraying, the UK product usually results in the excess material not tearing cleanly around the edges of what you have sprayed

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have bought both and the UK stuff is crap in comprassion. It does not spray as with the same thick texture as the USA. The result of this is when it comes to peeling off the excess around whatever it is that your spraying, the UK product usually results in the excess material not tearing cleanly around the edges of what you have sprayed
And that is what the video should of said :D Rather than spend 4 minutes showing you the difference in the can :D

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
And that is what the video should of said :D Rather than spend 4 minutes showing you the difference in the can :D
Alot of sellers of the UK product try to pass it as the USA product.

The video is just to show which product you have bought, a bit late thou when you have already bought it lol

Reactions: Damo H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise