Blueflame Exhaust Owners w/ Lowered Cars

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Hey Guys,

My Cupra has a full BF system on it the moment and is lowered around 40mm's on springs, however I want to fit my H&R Cup Kit to it over the next few days, but before I do I want to know how many have your car's lowered, and by how much?

Reason I ask is I don't want to crush the pipe work with the rear axel beam. So anyone got any advice, how much drop you running and does it touch to beam?

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
I have seat sport suspension so I'm only about 25mm lower than standard and my blueflame catches the rear axle with people in the car occasionally.......but i am going upto blueflame for refittment tommorow so it could just be mine?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
There Ventura Springs as supplied by Awsome GTi. I belive their 35mm drop springs, and yes I'll be selling them once there off!

JIMYU - I've got no knocking with the 35mm springs, so it may just be a case of yours needs fitting right. I've had 3 people in the car with no knocks, just the H&R will drop the rear by around 50mm's.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
Craig! said:
JIMYU - I've got no knocking with the 35mm springs, so it may just be a case of yours needs fitting right. I've had 3 people in the car with no knocks, just the H&R will drop the rear by around 50mm's.

your probably right mate. I'll be so relieved to get this bloody exhaust sorted!

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
Craig! said:
There Ventura Springs as supplied by Awsome GTi. I belive their 35mm drop springs, and yes I'll be selling them once there off!

how much you looking for them craig?:D

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Nice one Bill, suppose when you look at it, take a long 2ft piece of wood as your rear beam to stub axel, fix one point and move the other end 15mm and it hardly moved at the fixed end. So going on that theory dropping the further 15mm should hopefully only bring it a few mm's closer if that!

CU51PRA, Drop me a PM with a sensible offer and I'll think about it! ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
its the rotation of the beam so the top edge of it does rise when you lower it... but if I can "just" get a full 3" between the gap when lowered then a regular zorst should also fit. Fiddly as feck to adjust it right mind you and not much room to spare at all. Maybe my jubliee clipped rubbers are what stops it rattling about too, as they are much stiffer and cant sag under heat any more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.