Bluetooth Module repair guide

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Hi Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere I have had a search but can't find it anywhere! And also apologies in advance as I'm a newbie so prone to some mistakes!!

So now to the point I had water get into the driver footwell and the back behind the drivers seat. Has been dried out but my bluetooth and the steering control buttons both 'Mode' and the SDS button (the one with the face) doesn't respond. I understand that the Bluetooth ECU is located under the drivers seat somewhere, has anyone got any ideas/advice as to how to access, part number of the module and also if any one has experienced these issues?
Does this module also relate to the steering controls?

I have an Exeo SE TECH 2012 model. It has the Media System E ( which is think is the RNS-E?)
Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

mcdonald

The bluetooth module is under the floor under the seat on the right according to Elsawin.
To reach it you have to remove the trim and the seat.

I would suggest to disconnect the - pole of the battery for at least 10 minutes first to do a proper reset.
Leave the door on the drivers side open. After reconnecting put the key in 'contact' (not starting the engine) and wait until the display says everything is ok. Do this 5 times. The remote should work fine now.

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Hi thanks for the info
Is there anywhere I can find or you can provide links to show how this can be accessed? Do you know what the partnumber is by any chance?
Thanks

mcdonald

Part numbers:
Bluetooth module: 8P1 862 335 A
Bluetooth antenna: 8P0 035 503 M

The manual says:
- Switch off all electrical components
- Remove ignition key
- Remove A-pillar trim (right side)
- Remove front seat (right side)
- Seat belt at seat frame does not have to be unfastened
- Fold back floor covering
- Release cover for electronics box (arrows) and remove cover:

a4-20639.png

- Unlock and remove connector
- Remove carefully the Bluetooth antenna

Here's a French how-to for installing Bluetooth. Maybe it's of any use to you: http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/130249-tuto-installation-oem-dun-module-bluetooth-8p1-862-335/

Picture of the Bluetooth module with antenna:
bt-stg-aa-endung-2367.JPG

TIP: If your Bluetooth module is really broken buy a second hand one. A brand new module quite expensive.

Last edited:

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Hey thanks for the update really appreciate the info!
Car been at the garage today and they advised me that the car doesn't support sds/voice activation?
Thought this was standard? Haven't had an update regards the Bluetooth yet so hopefully will find out tomorrow!
Sounds like quite some work to remove trim etc, but if I can get hold of the part do I need to code or should it work straight in?

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Got an update today they first denied the car actually had a Bluetooth device!?
Anyways after advising them to look at the location as described above they did find it, corroded and wet! No surprise! The foam is still completely wet, they will dry it all out and replace the unit looks like a pricey job unfortunately!!

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for that fortunately that has already been done by my local mechanic! The stealers are charging £1000 for replacing the module and sorting out the carpets as they still wet! They have had to remove both seats!! Still think £1000 too much

blackscorp

Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for the tips but yes a bit too late for me! Hope it does help someone else!
I hope I don't have any other issues! Do you know of any other issues from this type of water damage?

Jul 30, 2022
Salutare tuturor.
Sunt nou aici.
Poate cineva să-mi spună cum îmi pot actualiza unitatea bluetooth pentru a putea transmite în flux de pe telefon.
Am un Seat Exeo cu radio din fabrică.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 78
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members