Body Kits

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
'orrible .

None of them look anywhere near as nice as the genuine Cupra R / Facelift/FR bumpers. The last one looks the least hideous but thats not saying much!

edit - then I saw the back end

OH GOD MY EYES HELP ME!!!!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Not one of them are real!!??
Only photoshops.....
That would concern me if I was about to buy one
Oh and seriously dodgey photoshops aswell

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I think modifications on performance cars, body-wise, need to be intelligent.

They need to offer improveed air-flow to FMIC and rads as well as maintaining aerodynamic efficiency.

These kits don't really off that. In fact, they look like air-dams. From a performance view-point, they're highly counter productive. Not to mention expensive.

I think most people grow out of wanting to do this to their car. The LCR and LC Face-lift body-kits are beautifully crafted. They suit the car, they suit the styling and they serve their purpose.

Those kits are a waste of money, in my opinion. I'd rather spend my £££ under the bonnet, as opposed to spending it on stick plastic to it.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Leon mk2 styling, even on the Cupra, is very tame.. in my opinion.

How do you all feel about this:

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Glad I'm not alone in thinking Ibherdesign's Cupra bodykit for the Leon Mk2 is spot-on. As aggressive as it is, it still somehow manages to not have me shying away from over-done styling.

Very well designed kit.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Yeh, I can see where you're coming from.

But is that a bad thing? Alfa styline, i.e. the Brera is awesome. Shame about their reliability..

Lee Cupra R

Sep 8, 2007
Kent
Not a bad thing at all i looked at getting the brera but could not quite strech the budget that high so got the lcr :D

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I was looking at them today, eerily enough :S Something alluring about a 3.2 V6 24v spider.... £99 a month insurance, F/C. Couldn't believe it!!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
No, I didn't :< I was so soddin' tempted, so so so tempted!

If I change jobs soon, I'll be either part-exing my LC for an LCR or moving to a Brera. They just ooze road presence.

Did you take yours out? Thoughts and feelings?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.