Bonnet Lifters

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
No worries, the only thing I wasn't sure on was which screw type to use where...

So I used the one on the left (in the pics) at the bottom and the other at the top on the bonnet. My theory for this is the one at the bottom would need to handle more force, and therefore needs to be tougher lol

Phil, which did you use? (Did you have one thick screw in each set?)

Mike

I used the ones that fitted. lol. Both the smaller diameter ones, but i could have used the ones that were already there from my previous ones.

Nah its so easy to fit you really are an indiot if you cant do it now.l lmao!

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
EDIT: Just realised its logged in as Seli... DOH!

lol Very funny...

Yeah out of the three bolts that came with each set, there were two that fit and one that didn't, but, what I am asking is that the two that did fit were different thread types. All I am asking is which ones you used where...?

lol

Really are easy to fit guys, I just wanna make sure I got the screws the right way round, if it even makes a difference! lol

Also, out of interest, did you get German only instructions Phil? lol

Mike

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Large pitch thread for the wing, and finer pitch for the bonnet. The larger diameter of the 3 got binned.

Did you find the cup on the strut didnt fit over the fitting on the wing/bonnet very well. Mine has dropped off twice since fitting it.

Yeah i got the german instruction, didnt bother lookin at them as they said OPEL at the top and i knew how to fit them from my previous set.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Large pitch thread for the wing, and finer pitch for the bonnet. The larger diameter of the 3 got binned.

Did you find the cup on the strut didnt fit over the fitting on the wing/bonnet very well. Mine has dropped off twice since fitting it.

Yeah i got the german instruction, didnt bother lookin at them as they said OPEL at the top and i knew how to fit them from my previous set.

Good good, means I used the right screw in the right place.

They were a bit of a pain to get over the 'balls' as such, but once that little clip is in and secure, there is no way they can pop off... well.. touch wood mine havent yet! lol

Yeah one side of instructions was OPEL, the other VW lol...

Cheers

Mike

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
So are the ones to go for ones that are for a polo 3 and the best place to get them is from volksbits?

How much are they do you know?

Cheers

Alex

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
have a peek on ebay. i got inxx ones from there and they worked perfect. was a little tight getting them on

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
sorry mate. I do this on my mobile and some times it page jump's. The inxx ones are good. Fitted mine the other day.