Feb 15, 2020
Hi.

I am having some issues with my Cupra 280/DSG.

The car is stage 1 tuned and has a dsg tune. I took it to the tuner and they found that it cuts boost right before it hits the revlimiter and after the upshift from 1.5bar to 0.8bar and comes back again after about 1-2 seconds the tuner couldnt find why it happens the car isint giving any fault codes.

Here is a video that shows how it looks (sorry for the bad quality).

Feb 15, 2020
s

So if the car is fine stock and no fault codes and it happens after the tune, wouldn't it be the tune to blame? :joystick:
Yes maybe but they removed the tune and they told me that the car cuts boost even when Its stock but that i would not feel it becouse of the power difference. Thats why i am wondering if someone experienced this issue. Currently the car is
s

So if the car is fine stock and no fault codes and it happens after the tune, wouldn't it be the tune to blame? :joystick:
The tuner removed the tune and told me that it cuts boost stock to but that i would not feel it becouse of the powerdifference. So i took the car to the dealer (stock) and they could not find anything besides that the driveshaft for the dsg trans needs to be ojled in (wierd) they are fixing it on warranty next week. I am gonna upload a vid how it runs stock.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
How much do you trust the tuner?

Its strange that it messes up when they tune it and you never noticed an issue before, then they say it was already there but you wouldn't have noticed it, which is probably bullshit.

To me it looks like they have cocked something up but then said it was already there.. which they can't prove.

I don't think you are stock in that second video either, stock DSG will auto upshift at 6.5k no matter what mode you are in won't it?

Feb 15, 2020
I think you are right i can't find anybody with the same issue.

I will go back and check with them.didn't dyno the car but my butt dyno tells me it is stock in the second video.

The sad part is when the car is in Comfort mode it runs faster and better(tuned) it only cuts boost when the trans is in sport mode and hits the rev limiter. video 80-220 km/h in Comfort

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I think you are right i can't find anybody with the same issue.

I will go back and check with them.didn't dyno the car but my butt dyno tells me it is stock in the second video.

The sad part is when the car is in Comfort mode it runs faster and better(tuned) it only cuts boost when the trans is in sport mode and hits the rev limiter. video 80-220 km/h in Comfort

Are you talking about both remaps or just the ECU one?

The DSG remap is what is making the shift higher and letting it hit the limiter, the DSG can't do that stock.

If they are telling you they have put the whole car back to stock and the gearbox is going over 6.5k rpm and hitting a limiter they are lieing to you or they have broken something they don't know how to fix.

Feb 15, 2020
Are you talking about both remaps or just the ECU one?

The DSG remap is what is making the shift higher and letting it hit the limiter, the DSG can't do that stock.

If they are telling you they have put the whole car back to stock and the gearbox is going over 6.5k rpm and hitting a limiter they are lieing to you or they have broken something they don't know how to fix.
According to them both ECU and TCU should be stock.
Hoping they havn't broken anything then.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
According to them both ECU and TCU should be stock.
Hoping they havn't broken anything then.

The DSG definitely isn't stock then, you can't go over 6.5k and definitely can't hit a limiter, that is part of a DSG remap.

If it only happens in DSG sport mode then it might not even be the ECU remap at all, you need to go back and make them sort it, its definitely them that have caused it.

Feb 15, 2020
The DSG definitely isn't stock then, you can't go over 6.5k and definitely can't hit a limiter, that is part of a DSG remap.

If it only happens in DSG sport mode then it might not even be the ECU remap at all, you need to go back and make them sort it, its definitely them that have caused it.
I will go back to them for sure, big thanks :worship:

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
Hi.

I am having some issues with my Cupra 280/DSG.

The car is stage 1 tuned and has a dsg tune. I took it to the tuner and they found that it cuts boost right before it hits the revlimiter and after the upshift from 1.5bar to 0.8bar and comes back again after about 1-2 seconds the tuner couldnt find why it happens the car isint giving any fault codes.

Here is a video that shows how it looks (sorry for the bad quality).

Have you had a look for a small boost leak? I noticed something similar when going to stage 1. As I understand with the Cupra, protections cut boost based on EGT. With the boost leak, turbo was compensating for the small leak with an overspeed until upper temp limit hit which at around 6krpm ish. Boost dropped and then recovered once temps dropped a little. Noticed on the dyno. Fixed the leak and the boost drop disappeared.

Feb 15, 2020
Have you had a look for a small boost leak? I noticed something similar when going to stage 1. As I understand with the Cupra, protections cut boost based on EGT. With the boost leak, turbo was compensating for the small leak with an overspeed until upper temp limit hit which at around 6krpm ish. Boost dropped and then recovered once temps dropped a little. Noticed on the dyno. Fixed the leak and the boost drop disappeared.
Thanks man i will have it checked out asap. I am not so handy so i have to find someone who does it for me :doh:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members