boot lock/keys question

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well even tho ive had ibiza's for quite a few years now i never came across this....

well i cant get into my boot unless the central locking button has been pressed obviously... the key wont turn the lock? this aint right is it? :blink: am i being a moron or something? lol

also, i had to use my spare key the other day, no central locking one, just standard key...stuck it in ignition and started up, soon is it revs to 1500rpm the engine dies...obviously immobiliser? what good are these keys for? can i get another key that can be used to run the car?

cant believe im asking a couple lame questions like this! lol

cheers :D

vngtx

sounds like the boot lock has siezed. has your immob chip fallen out? my key doesnt open boot either but starts car and opens doors fine. i just been to locksmiths to see if they can make a spare key, its 25 quid and will need coding to the car.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
nah the key fob all works and unlocks it, i just cant do it with the key in the boot lock, its been drowned in teflon spray and wd40 so many times too..which way does the key turn in the lock?

vngtx

hmmm has somebody vandalised all the mk2s by putting superglue in the boot locks? :think:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
my boot doesnt work on the central locking, but thats probably doue to me never connecting it after swapping bootlids over when I got the car.. my lock is a PITA too anyway, it only opens one particular way, but does it with either key
:shrug:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
the other key was a seperate question.. but it wont open with either anyway! lol...i dont see the point of a spare key that you cant use to drive the car! lol

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
possibly lost its code if it is a transponder key. you can buy keys off ebay and code them yourself if you have vag tacho

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you leave it in one position it wont lock no matter what

turn it 90 and it will lock and unlock with the remote central locking

either way no matter what way its turned to start you can turn it another 1/4 turn then push to open wether its locked or not

or spend 40 mins swearing at it when it doesnt work easily like mine :)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
mmh, yeah it unlocks perfect from the key fob, but cant unlock using the key in the barrel...wont turn atall! not a big problem, just irratated by it! haha

vngtx

weird thing is, i can lock and unlock it from the inside with a tiny push. ive definately got the wrong key for it.

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
check the plastic latch on the inside of the boot... the latch was jammed in my sisters clio so she couldnt open the boot with the key so i checked the latch and the little purple plastic thing was jammed....