Boot Struts

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
I had my boot struts refurbished/upgraded some years ago on my old GS300 by SGS Engineering who came recommended on the owners forum at the time, worked well and seem to remember them being well priced. Another point of contact that may prove useful to someone :)

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Think from an earlier post you just hold the boot release button on the key fob and it'll pop up. Like holding unlock to drop windows.
I think...
Could I do this on the st tailgate?

The problem with the ST is, I think, the angle of the struts when the tailgate is shut. To have enough force to make it open means you have way too much force by the time the t'gate is half way open, and it keeps accelerating as it goes, which will do damage at the fully open position as it rips the hinges off and summersaults over the roof!
I've had it working with standard struts and springs and scirocco bump stops, but it puts a strain on the fixing points and the struts can come off with a bang (nasty!). Shame as it would be handy.

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Alakiha

Sep 21, 2015
Finland
If they come as a pair... I have ordered 2 sets haha

rKJNm9B.jpg

I paid around 22€. 11€ each.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
oh well - I've dealt with it for 2 years, so I can get along without a self-opener.
everything else is great:)
(and the tailgate's ok too!)

My boot always pops open without me touching it, great for when both hands are full, yes I have my very own personal self opener, just have to keep plying her with vodka to keep her happy though.

Deleted member 98136

Select 2 in quantity box

Prices vary due to the exchange rate for pound / euro. I note that the price is currently dearer than a week ago

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just done this mod, piece of pee to do. Only thing I had to do was fit new struts otherway up as the angled end was on the cylinder, instead of piston like the OEM ones. Works fine :D

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Just installed mine, as kazand mentions, they have go in the other way around. Boot does become harder to shut. Hope it doesn't put too much strain on the latch.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Just installed mine, as kazand mentions, they have go in the other way around. Boot does become harder to shut. Hope it doesn't put too much strain on the latch.

Hopefully it loosens up after a while. I had to impulsively purchase a set as there was only 4 left. Was going to wait till pay day but couldn't risk missing out

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Seller seems to keep a stock of 6 max, its drops to 4, 2, then it goes back up to 6 again.

SteJP

Jan 24, 2015
Anyone else having trouble fitting them, seem a little longer than other ones?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Mine were the same length as stock. Boot dropped down when I removed the stock strut on one side so had to prop it back up fully opened with a stick to get the new one in.

Deleted member 98136

Anyone else having trouble fitting them, seem a little longer than other ones?
Did you get them from the ebay seller "car-on-do" in Germany, which is where I did, and was model No 017468 on the box ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise