Bored with same car shampoo !!!

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
Been washing with Meguiars gold class wash for what seems like ages !!! i know if it aint broke dont fix it but i feel sure there must be something better on the market now? although saying that im still very happy with the gold class wash but wondered if there had been anymore advances on car shampoo ? i heard the sonus gloss shampoo was supposed to be superb?

any comments on which one you use would be appreciated, but please dont say autoglym as i found that to be the worst ever!!! complete waste of time and as for suds ? well there were none :lol:

cheers

stig..

Jack1991

Apr 4, 2012
Bristol
I use chemical guys glossworkz shampoo it is decent i rekon i think i payed like £11 from clean your car it suds well from just one capfull i tried adding more before to see if it would clean even better like 3 caps but didnt do anything so literally only need 1 capfull and will last ages.

Only other stuff i used is autoglym shampoo and turtle wax wash & wax which aint bad for like £2 halfords deal but thats all i got to compare too.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Duragloss Shampoo = Outstanding
Autosmart Duet = Great cleaning and loaded with wax and only £15.00 for 5L

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
I don't want a wash and wax jobbie as that tends to muck my windscreen up even though I clean it after. Also nothing that will strip my wax. Will look into this zymol stuff.

I thought fairy liquid lol... Just joking although my dad has used it despite my warnings. Did make the car squeak nicely though :)

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Washing up liquid does a fine job if you're wanting to strip back and wax afresh. Done it a few times now,

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
Steely don't ever use washing up liquid !!!!!! It scratches car and also encourages rust!! How do you think it cleans oven dishes. Has small particals in it.

I was thinking meguiars shampoo plus ? Had a look on clean ur car and they seem to rate that.

Last edited:
Steely don't ever use washing up liquid !!!!!! It scratches car and also encourages rust!! How do you think it cleans oven dishes. Has small particals in it.

Plenty of folk use it as it's has strong degreasing ability which is helpful to strip old layers of wax. I call dubious on the particles, it cleans dishes by breaking up the dirt/grease it's not abrasive, that's what your wash-cloth is for.

I use Zymol AW and just got some AF Lather to try. Still also got 3L of AG BSC sitting in the garage that I'm trying to burn through too.

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
Doesn't it have salt in it ? I use a dishwasher lol. I'm still gona avoid washing up but it's everyone's choice .

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
That's a good use of it !! I certainly wouldn't rub my car with fairy liquid.

I have plenty of times. It contains salt, but its a solution. So there are no gritty particles of salt in it. Especially once youve added a squirt of it to 20 litres of water.

So it definitely wont cause scratches, and salt making things rust is another myth.

I wouldnt recommend it as a car shampoo.

I switch between Dodo Supernatural (on my car, and other protected cars) and Turtle wax's cheapest offering (unprotected cars)

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
How comes cars and sat dishes rust near the seaside then lol.. But like I said to each his own. Now back to the shampoo :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I use Autofinnesse Lather on the body work and Megs gold class on the wheel.
DoDo Juice Born To Be Mild is very good as well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise