Bought a 2007cupra, which styling mods??

LeoCupra

So, she's (yes it's a she, I checked) inferia black with black rims. Dont have any pics yet but she's gorgious. Interior is pretty boring and a lot of plastic " feel " to it. Its equiped with the original cd player. The plastic around the unit looks really cheap IMO.

Did you guys do any interieur mods?

What should be my first mod for the interior?

The alu rings look cool, are they worth the money?

Ive seen the " alu look" door handles on the net. Are they worth getting?

Ive checked a few sites but it looks like there isnt a lot of stuff available, the only mods I could find were the original seat parts.

How about fitting a dvd/nav system in the car? Should I get the original seat/vw set? Its expensive.

Are there any hand brake replacements available and are they easy to fit? Ive checked and it looks like it is in one piece, maybe impossible to remove?

*edit* plz dont mind the spelling, english isnt my native language.

-exterieur mods

I love the styling of the car so if I would be changing anything it would be only small details. The rear is badgeless and I like it.

The only thing I dont really like are the tail lights, are there any good quality replacement, possibly black/dark, maybe led. But im not sure they will look good on the car, has anyone fitted these? IF so, pics plz.

The front has the black grill with s-logo, the previous owner has painted the S logo black, the paint isnt in real good shape but I like it better then the alu S.

First mod is on the way, a set of white cupra stickers to put on the brake calipers. The paint on the calipers looks a bit dim or mat, Im not sure what the right word is lol (?) Any of you guys have the same problem? I think Ill give the paint on them a nice polish/waxing job and see what the result is. Maybe I ll let them respray if i dont have succes.

Thx!

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
As for the Alu door trims, dont waste the money for the SEAT parts, which scratch over time, just paint them yourself. Heres a thread i made;

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221443

Come people have painted them Gloss Black, to match the other bits of gloss detailing on the Cupra.

Other than that, you could get the GTI metal pedals, very nice, but they arent cheap.

As for rear lights, there is darker rear lights availible, "Hella":
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220814&highlight=hella+rear+lights

Last edited:

LeoCupra

now get a exhaust :p

lol, these arent interieur part guys :lol:

I wont be fitting an exhaust soon, I like the original sound and dont want it to get too loud, but if I would get an exhaust, is there any difference in sound between a full system and a catback? Im sure a full system will give me more hp but Im not interested in that. I use it as a daily driver and would like to keep things in one piece.

LeoCupra

As for the Alu door trims, dont waste the money for the SEAT parts, which scratch over time, just paint them yourself. Heres a thread i made;

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221443

Come people have painted them Gloss Black, to match the other bits of gloss detailing on the Cupra.

Other than that, you could get the GTI metal pedals, very nice, but they arent cheap.

As for rear lights, there is darker rear lights availible, "Hella":
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220814&highlight=hella+rear+lights

I like the pedals so those arent on my list right now, Im not too fond of the hella lights, but keep em coming guys.

rikwandi

Mar 9, 2010
The Hague, Holland
How about fitting a dvd/nav system in the car? Should I get the original seat/vw set? Its expensive.

Thx!

There are plenty aftermarket satnav available for Leon. It depends on your budget really. You can get the China made satnav for around 600eur. Not the best quality, but it is not bad at all.
You may want to look Waywell WD6050. Cheap and not bad at all.

Rgrds,
Rikwandi

LeoCupra

Damn, this is addictive, after reading these posts Ive searched the internet for satnav's, interieur stuff etc.. The wd6050 is hard to find btw, I didnt find any sellers, only found the manufacturer website.

I know what you mean about the plastic feel inside... I'm about to wrap dash bits in a thickish vinyl hopefully to give it a better look and feel. Those sat nav/dvd units like on the VW's give the interior a better quality look don't know why it is? (maybe just removes a large chunk of the tacky plastic)

Nice set of mats would go a long way.

Handbrake lever cover.. yes the handbrake can't be removed but you can get the covers that screw into place on the SEAT website.

As for your brakes... you can paint them in stuff called HAMMERITE... that'll give a nice shiny finish then you can but your stickers on.

HuckingFell

Red Rules
Jan 22, 2009
Leicester
Osir footrest? Fitted mine last week, looks really good I think, not cheap though!

t9abtg.jpg

LeoCupra

I know what you mean about the plastic feel inside... I'm about to wrap dash bits in a thickish vinyl hopefully to give it a better look and feel. Those sat nav/dvd units like on the VW's give the interior a better quality look don't know why it is? (maybe just removes a large chunk of the tacky plastic)

Nice set of mats would go a long way.

Handbrake lever cover.. yes the handbrake can't be removed but you can get the covers that screw into place on the SEAT website.

As for your brakes... you can paint them in stuff called HAMMERITE... that'll give a nice shiny finish then you can but your stickers on.

Thx, cupra mats would be cool. Ive hear of hammerite before, might try that!

LeoCupra

I think I've found my todo list:

- sat nav
- mats
- alu rings
- handbrake cover
- armrest

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.