Brake lines

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Afternoons gentlemen now this time i have done a search but to no success can anyone tell me if the brake lines an a LCR are braided as standard just with a rubber coating or can you buy a goodridge braided hose set. Asked at Awesome on sat but we both came to the same conclusion the Brembo GT brake upgrade comes with braided hoses so are the hoses on the LCR just rubber coated. I know you can get braided hoses for the ICR but i would have thought these would be the same for the LCR as they both run Brembo's

Rikko:help:

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Thats a good question as i'm doing a total brake overhaul on the LCR in september and want braided hoses front and back so if anyone can offer any advice or experience that would be awesome.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
rubber mate
not 100% sure about goodridge making them for the LCR, they list cupra and non cupra models
i have the cupra one's but then i dont have brembo's!!!

id ring goodridge direct

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Just looked on the Gooridge webpage they deffinatly do braided hoses for the ICR but dont list them for the LCR now if im correct i think the ICR runs the same brakes doesn't it i.e Brembos on the front

Rikko

eltel

Jun 19, 2007
Hampshire
Hey, I believe this is probably my first post,

was just reading through and thought I would let you know that my LCR has braided hoses, but were on when I bought the car couple of months ago.

I'll take a closer look to see if any names on them. So someone definitely does them.

AndyCole

I had a conversation with a guy from Goodridge (James Wills) and we came to the same conclusion! Not listed for a Leon Cupra R. He said that if I took my hoses off and sent them to him he would check them and make a set, then they could list them. For my trouble I could have a set of braided hoses free, unable to do it because of using the car daily. This was back in January just after the Autosport Show. Maybe they do them by now!!! Will have a look for his business card.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
If you go for braded hoses go for the upgrade stainless fittings as the zinc coated carrode quite bad (they did on the set I had a few years go) and look for ones with the vinyl coating over the brade helps keep them clean and looking nice along with extra protection (not sure if goodride do this)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
So just buy a pair of stock brake lines from SEAT or get them from a breakers, send them to goodridge and get free braided lines back - heck if cost is an issue and a few of you want them, why not share the cost of buying the OEM lines.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
or why not get goodridge to buy the bloody lines.these companies rely so much on joe public doing the donkey work.
there is obviously a market there,why should you guys do their work for them?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
i want a set of braded lines for mine also, and have had no joy finding them either. Keep us posted as to how you get on mate, and if goodrich start doing them, i will be on the phone top order a set!!

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Don't you just need to measure the length, they should know what the fittings are, or pop down to their head office R&D dept and get them to make and fit them for you in the day

daljomo

my wife, I WISH !!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2004
barton on humber north linc`s
just as a matter of interest then do the ones listed on black diamonds web site for braided hoses for the mark 4 golf 1.8 gti turbo part number DHK 091 fit the leon cupra as im looking into upgrading discs front and rear and all hoses before my MOT later in the year:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.