**Breaking** 418.5bhp (Parts list pg24) Joe's (GT3071R) Ibiza Cupra R

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
FSH up to last 9k so nearly due another one.... it drove fine home, 2hrs stop start motorway and A roads. Just one of those things I think. Dealer is looking into getting it fixed or potentially taking it back :(

jrallye

Just had a good read though this thread! Fantastic build must be an absolute animal!

Glad your not selling up after all the work and money you put into it! Would be a shame. :)

Do you have any videos of it in action?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Hello all,

Haven't been here for a while, been trying to save for a flat!

Went on a track day at the weekend with some mate, I was only a passenger , but still makes me get the bug back.

I want to get the ball rolling with the car again and use it on track a little more. Quick question for you out there, has anybody fitted sliding seat runners to Corbeau seats before? I need something adjustable, back and forth but I had an email back from Corbeau today saying that they do not advise fixing side mounted seats to runners as it compromises the integral strength of the seat.

Suggestions anybody?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
My Sparco seats have mounting points for side or base mount. If your seats have fixings underneath you should be ok.

Sorry - I should have been more specific, I have the side mounts already and the seats. They are currently bolted directly to the bars I have welded to the floor. The seat is just a bit too far forward and I've run out of adjustment on the side mounts.

Thinking more from a safety aspect really. I want and need them to be secure. Recaro however do have a side mount and sliding runner FIA approved set up so not sure...

robertj

weight is the enemy
Mine were originally side mounted but we needed adjustment for the driver so checked with Sparco who pointed out that the seat we had also had mounting holes underneath which they then supplied a runner for.
It sounds like Corbeau don't do this then? And probably not advisable if they don't recommend it.

But I don't think any runners are FIA approved. Seats have to be fixed if you're racing

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Mine were originally side mounted but we needed adjustment for the driver so checked with Sparco who pointed out that the seat we had also had mounting holes underneath which they then supplied a runner for.
It sounds like Corbeau don't do this then? And probably not advisable if they don't recommend it.

But I don't think any runners are FIA approved. Seats have to be fixed if you're racing

I think they need a double locking mechanism to pass FIA. Not 100% sure but that seems to be the difference with the supposedly 'FIA' approved runners and non FIA approved ones.

Just had another email back saying that Corbeau haven't had the runners FIA approved and that's why they do not recommend.

Difficult to know where to go, I might have to sacrifice the recommendations in order to be able to drive the car more comfortably.

robertj

weight is the enemy
If you're not racing you don't need that approval anyway. We run our 350Z for corporate track day hire which is why we need the adjustable seat. To be honest it would be fine for racing too but rules is rules I guess!

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I guess you have cut the old standard fixing points out as omp make seat mounts for them I had them in the Leon they also fit the mk3 Ibiza I wouldn't run with the adjustable ones they sell tho they will make you sit up so high , your be better off getting a plate across the two bars that are welded in so you have more adjustment

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
If you're not racing you don't need that approval anyway. We run our 350Z for corporate track day hire which is why we need the adjustable seat. To be honest it would be fine for racing too but rules is rules I guess!

Yeah I think they should be fine really. I will get some and give them a go :)

I guess you have cut the old standard fixing points out as omp make seat mounts for them I had them in the Leon they also fit the mk3 Ibiza I wouldn't run with the adjustable ones they sell tho they will make you sit up so high , your be better off getting a plate across the two bars that are welded in so you have more adjustment

Yes Dan, got bars welded in by Alex.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Hello again world!

Restarting this venture again, I'm in the process of dedicating the car to track, I've just got my hands on a couple of slicks and a new set of wheels

Before I get her on track I want to do the following;

- Adjustable seat runner
- 2 more slicks
- OMP Steering wheel & pop off boss
- Get 2 piece floating disks made to match Brembo's
- Get front pads to suit (suggestions needed for great track pads - not used on road)
- Remove turbo/ manifold and get it redrilled to accept M10 nuts to hold her down! Also re-seat exhaust

Potential future thoughts are to look into SQS gearset and roll cage. Baby steps though hey :)

Jonny95 SXE

The Irish Contender
Nov 23, 2004
Great to hear Joe,

slicks and an 02j :D didnt alex strip 3rd on a set of 888's never mine slicks :D

robertj

weight is the enemy
Hello again world!

Restarting this venture again, I'm in the process of dedicating the car to track, I've just got my hands on a couple of slicks and a new set of wheels

Before I get her on track I want to do the following;

- Adjustable seat runner
- 2 more slicks
- OMP Steering wheel & pop off boss
- Get 2 piece floating disks made to match Brembo's
- Get front pads to suit (suggestions needed for great track pads - not used on road)
- Remove turbo/ manifold and get it redrilled to accept M10 nuts to hold her down! Also re-seat exhaust

Potential future thoughts are to look into SQS gearset and roll cage. Baby steps though hey :)

Great thread..

You're on the right track (excuse the pun :rofl:)

This QR boss throws the steering wheel out another 60mm so bear that in mind.

I'm selling this 300mm OMP wheel by the way as I've gone up to 330mm.

Good choice on wheels too. With slicks it'll be awesome but be aware some trackday organisers don't allow slicks at all, and some don't allow them unless you have a rollcage.
R888s are fine though.

AP have a bespoke floating or bolted disc service but Badger5 may do the bells you need.

I'm just fitting some 355mm 2 piece APs with F50 Brembos to the 350Z.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Great to hear Joe,

slicks and an 02j :D didnt alex strip 3rd on a set of 888's never mine slicks :D

He sure did - I'm not expecting it to last tbh, SQS is where I want to be I think. I would love full sequential but I don't know of the costs involved, I'm sure they're up towards the 10k mark.

Great thread..

You're on the right track (excuse the pun :rofl:)

This QR boss throws the steering wheel out another 60mm so bear that in mind.

I'm selling this 300mm OMP wheel by the way as I've gone up to 330mm.

Good choice on wheels too. With slicks it'll be awesome but be aware some trackday organisers don't allow slicks at all, and some don't allow them unless you have a rollcage.
R888s are fine though.

AP have a bespoke floating or bolted disc service but Badger5 may do the bells you need.

I'm just fitting some 355mm 2 piece APs with F50 Brembos to the 350Z.

Have you tried Carbotech pads? http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

They're expensive but worth it and they'll even recommend a compound for you based on your car's spec if you email them.

Lol - nicely done. I have spoken to a few organisers about slicks, see this thread http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=374739 I think I should be OK.

I believe that AP are the way I will end up going - I have a lot of dimensions for my current discs so probably try and get something made up from that. I will also look into that pad link, need some advice really :) Thanks for the help.

Have a word with Hispec.

Ive just ordered my AP rotors from them (they have a 5% discount atm aswell) as they make them up with 28days and was half the price of proper AP rotors.

Iirc if you have the size and pcd's (wheel bolts and bolts for the bell) they will make you a set

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Have a word with Hispec.

Ive just ordered my AP rotors from them (they have a 5% discount atm aswell) as they make them up with 28days and was half the price of proper AP rotors.

Iirc if you have the size and pcd's (wheel bolts and bolts for the bell) they will make you a set

I have nearly every measurement on the discs. Do you have a contact I should speak to from HiSpec?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.