**Breaking** 418.5bhp (Parts list pg24) Joe's (GT3071R) Ibiza Cupra R

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
are you adding any heat shielding in front of the brake fluid reservoir?

No Bill, I haven't run any there before. The rubber pipe is covered and so is the servo. Will keep an eye on it and maybe make up a heat shield if I see it getting hot.
Congrats on the new property mucka :)

Cars looks good and coming on nicely

Thanks :) I'll go to our garages later this evening and fill her up with oil, might even start it. After I've repaired a Scirocco anyway!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Nearly there with getting the car running again. For sound regs on tracks I am trying to make my own bung which should keep the noise down for the static test, at least and if I don't get any performance degradation then I might leave it as a permanent fixture; this is what I'm thinking

Basically some perforated tube, wrapped in exhaust wadding and shoved in the rear.

The perforated tube is 2" diameter, anyone know if that would cause me some performance issues, even though it's right at the back of the system?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
i would have said no as all you have really done is extended the silencer a little so should just give a little less noise.
after all centre sections are suppose to make no difference to performance so i dont see why that should.

It was more the reduction in diameter from 3" to 2" I worried about. My centre silencers are 3" internal diameter.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Started the car for the first time in about 14 months last night, what a lovely feeling.

The new hotside looks like it's getting nice and warm and sealing up!

Nearly there now

The SQS gearset just sounds incredible :D

Hoping to insure it so I can use it on the road a little, had some half decent quotes so I am very tempted to say the least.

Last edited:

roman6k2tdi

First time posting in your thread mate, lovely Beeza!! Good thing you didnt sell it!

Is the gear kit you've got the SQS VW 5spd Synchro-kit o2j? It's not straight toothed, is it? It's "just" reinforced internals and still an H pattern shifting, right?

When I first read you were thinking of SQS, I was a little worried you were gonna kinda waste money on the Seqshift shifter which does close to nothing with standard synchronized gearbox as you still have to push the clutch when shifting.

Keep it up m8!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
First time posting in your thread mate, lovely Beeza!! Good thing you didnt sell it!

Is the gear kit you've got the SQS VW 5spd Synchro-kit o2j? It's not straight toothed, is it? It's "just" reinforced internals and still an H pattern shifting, right?

When I first read you were thinking of SQS, I was a little worried you were gonna kinda waste money on the Seqshift shifter which does close to nothing with standard synchronized gearbox as you still have to push the clutch when shifting.

Keep it up m8!

Thank you! Yes that's the correct gearset, it's the one that Robbie C had in his Ibiza. From what I understand it's semi helical so more straight than standard but not straight cut. (Bill might be abe to clarify here as I believe he uses it in his race car). It also whines similar to a straight cut, just not as noisey. I wouldn't bother with the shifter thing!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I've added a seat runner on the drivers seat so I can drive it more comfortably to tracks, this is what it's currently looking like:

I changed back to the standard shifter because I didn't like the B&M it felt to clunky and hard work

and the runner

I might insure it around January - weather/ funds dependent

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Thanks - this car has basically taught me everything I know about cars, before I started this I really knew very little.

Hehe someone has been snooping! Yes special brake pads though!

:lol: ;) try to stay in touch with everything lol

I await your feedback on them :)

They cheaper than DS2500?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.