Bristol maybe first UK City to ban diesel cars in 2021...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Sounds like theres a lot of arguing about it first. Although Bristol are quite unique... eg, deploying 3/4 of their police force to sit in camera vans to enforce the 20mph zones. I guess there's not much other crime to worry about.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
According to most vehicle manufacturer’s We will all be driving Electric Cars anyway so the thing to check is when will they ban Petrol cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yellow fr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
According to most vehicle manufacturer’s We will all be driving Electric Cars anyway so the thing to check is when will they ban Petrol cars?

They already ban older Petrol cars in Europe with a status of 4 or lower I think, my R is a 5 it's got some breathing room lol

Soon i'll just take it down the A1 and that's it.

Part of me thinks that Volcanoes, Cows and the making of batteries is worse for CO2 lol but I am ill informed

Sounds like theres a lot of arguing about it first. Although Bristol are quite unique... eg, deploying 3/4 of their police force to sit in camera vans to enforce the 20mph zones. I guess there's not much other crime to worry about.
If it's anything like Brexit it's going to be way after we're dead lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
They already ban older Petrol cars in Europe with a status of 4 or lower I think, my R is a 5 it's got some breathing room lol

I assume that's just the category awarded to it? So as mine probably is a lot worse for the environment than yours I can still piggy back a 5?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I assume that's just the category awarded to it? So as mine probably is a lot worse for the environment than yours I can still piggy back a 5?
Yeah you should be a 5 as it doesn't count modding lol you could put a V12 in yours and still be a 5 I guess...

Strange because on the below form mines a 4 as it's a 60 plate, but I ordered a sticker for my travel in Germany and I got a 5

My car newly registered from:

31 December 1992 - Euro 1
1 January 1997 - Euro 2
1 January 2001 - Euro 3
1 January 2006 - Euro 4
1 January 2011 - Euro 5
1 September 2015 - Euro 6

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Are Bristol buses petrol or electric???
Well don’t think I’m going to Bristol anytime soon or in a few years lol
I guess they don’t like if it’s got smoke it’s got poke lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... mine was registered 28th Oct 2011... that's the date it goes by? Considering we have identical engine and exhaust systems, I can't see how we'd end up with different ratings.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So... mine was registered 28th Oct 2011... that's the date it goes by? Considering we have identical engine and exhaust systems, I can't see how we'd end up with different ratings.
Maybe that's why mines still a 5... Who knows... That table above is only what Europe use for their cities, we just ban diesels altogether lol

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Are they also gonna stop planes flying over Bristol?... No?
Just car drivers get punished again then!
Was a passenger for the first time in an electric car at weekend for the first time.
My sister in law had a Nissan Leaf as a demo.
If we’re all gonna be driving things like that in a few years I’ll be looking for a new hobby!

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Are Bristol buses petrol or electric???
Well don’t think I’m going to Bristol anytime soon or in a few years lol
I guess they don’t like if it’s got smoke it’s got poke lol

Hmmm, not sure. I go to Bristol a lot for work. I hate the confusing road layout (bus lanes, car sharing lanes) and 100% I'll see 1 if not 2 mobile camera vans every time I go there!! But I also like to give the car a run here on weekends!!
upload_2019-11-6_11-10-47.png

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
The other week I almost ran my boss over as he was coming out off the garage and I was driving in a plug in mini no engine noise at all lol full hands on bonnet lol I stopped before he did lol
He was wondering where I was as it took me a bit to know it had started lol

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
The other week I almost ran my boss over as he was coming out off the garage and I was driving in a plug in mini no engine noise at all lol full hands on bonnet lol I stopped before he did lol
He was wondering where I was as it took me a bit to know it had started lol

We have renault twizzys at work. Horrible "car" if you cna even call it a car. Took me a goo dhalf an hour how to turn the thing on until someone showed me it had been on the whole time. No lights, sound or anything.

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
We have renault twizzys at work. Horrible "car" if you cna even call it a car. Took me a goo dhalf an hour how to turn the thing on until someone showed me it had been on the whole time. No lights, sound or anything.

I worked out I had turned the car on and off 3or 4 times before I got it move lol

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 120738

My daughter and her family live in Bristol - they set fire to a police car in the road she used to live in!

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 120738

Why did your daughter and her family set fire to a police car?

I should have said 'someone' instead of 'they' ! It wasn't my daughter or any of her family - and it's why they moved from there!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members