broken driver side window

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
hey.. my mate has a 1.4 5dr mk3 ibiza

the driver window wont come down, and the motor makes no sounds to indicate that the motor is even working.

the switch lights up, so there is power, but nothing else. tried using the passenger window switch to test, and that made no difference, so its not the switch itself.

he doesn't have the cash to replace the full unit.. but just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

would it be a full new assembly? are they easy enough to fit? cheers :)

dubz_wm

DuBaHolIcS.co.uk
Jul 25, 2008
Wimbledon, Surrey
have you had a search mate? i have the same problem i only found out it would/could be the window switch, motor or the regulator. i replaced the switch on mine but stil nothing so im left with the motor as there isnt a noise coming from mine.

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
hey.. my mate has a 1.4 5dr mk3 ibiza

the driver window wont come down, and the motor makes no sounds to indicate that the motor is even working.

the switch lights up, so there is power, but nothing else. tried using the passenger window switch to test, and that made no difference, so its not the switch itself.

he doesn't have the cash to replace the full unit.. but just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

would it be a full new assembly? are they easy enough to fit? cheers :)

there easy enough to fit better if theres two of you though it might not need to be a new assembly but youd have to take the regulator out to test it it could be that just the vables fraid and needs renewing like what happend to mine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members