Brushed Al. effect trim

geoffk

K4ith
Do the luggage net hooks fit the rings OK? I tried using a net I kept from my Audi A6 in my Altea and the hooks didn't fit the rings.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
K4ith
Do the luggage net hooks fit the rings OK? I tried using a net I kept from my Audi A6 in my Altea and the hooks didn't fit the rings.

the one i bought of ebay fitted fine.The net could be a tad wider, but it suits my use and is far cheaper than the Vag equivilant

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
They do, and for £60 odd quid they would be well worth it..

BTW - If I go into a VW dealer and order these how much they gona sting me?

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
I'd love a set of these in my FR. But I can't find any guide to replacing them (specifically the fun pedal) in the guides section.... can someone whose searching skills aren't rubbish point me in the right direction please?:)

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
They are really easy to do. The clutch & brake just push over the pedal once you have removed the originals. The accelerator is a bit harder but will come off, then screw in the replacement. The original & new pedals are exactly the same, its just the new ones are far better looking!!!!!!

Megamunch

I wouldn't mind the trim kit too,

Looks good IMO I'm interested in how well they stick/fit and the way there isn't ones for the rear doors......maybe make some myself for them :)

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
I wouldn't mind the trim kit too,

Looks good IMO I'm interested in how well they stick/fit and the way there isn't ones for the rear doors......maybe make some myself for them :)

Megamunch, they are dead easy to fit. Probably only takes 10 minutes. They stick over the existring trim.

Megamunch

Are they going to stay on through time, can an edge get caught by accident

looking_to_buy

bought the trim kit and stuck it on about 3 or 4 months ago, problem is, i want to change the speakers now...

have i shafted myself? :s

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
bought the trim kit and stuck it on about 3 or 4 months ago, problem is, i want to change the speakers now...

have i shafted myself? :s

No, it makes it a bit harder to remove the speaker cover because it's harder to locate the slot to lever it off, but I managed it on mine without damaging the ali trim.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
my rear ali/trim plates have come off due to them being kicked when people are getting out, some folks have used stronger plastic glue to attach them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.