Brushed Aluminium Door Trim Kit

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
Having received a very helpful "not really sure" from my local stealer :doh: does anyone know if the brushed aluminium door trim kit available for the Mk2Leon would fit the Altea?

http://seatepac.gedas.co.uk/model.aspx?group=NEWLEON&model=LEON%202006%20>&category=Interior%20Styling&subcategory=Interior%20Trim&partno=1P1064730

I know they share tons o' components including crappy speakers :lol: so I can't see why the speaker trims wouldn't fit. Door handle trims are a different matter- so; anyone out there taken the plunge and fitted this kit?

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
Cheers googies and klawit :D

Saved me from taking a £50 gamble!

I guess Seat assume that (non XL) Altea drivers don't want to brighten up their interiors :confused:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Maybe so, a kit would be nice, but there is more area to cover inside the Altea/Toledo's so could get very bright in the cabin!? are guage surrounds available. A link to a Seat Accessories factory shop around here somewhere with a lot of goods on it.

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
:lol: good point googies!

I just like the look of the alu trim on the Leon- thought it would compliment all the other bits I've just ordered: chrome dial surrounds, chrome boot trim, metal sills, debadged honeycomb grill, headlight "eyebrows"... Mk5 GTI pedals next! Spent too long looking at incredibly pimped Alteas on a Danish website- waaaay too many expensive ideas!

Have no idea what its going to look like when its all on- probably a complete dogs dinner!:p

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
Hmmm dunno. TBH I don't bother with Seat UK dealers- get most of my stuff from Ibexparts.com (spanish website)

My test is: if its advertised on the Irish (RHD right?) Seat website then its gonna fit- just quote the part number you see there to Ibex!

No probs so far!

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
5P806473 Door Trim Kit.......Euros 63.77

About £43. Not cheap for what is but hell its what I want. Just won't tell the wife...

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
Yep just ordered through them. Its usually a 2/3 day turnaround (from Spain)- makes the 4 week standard "back order" from the stealers seem a tad excessive!

Guessing you get 2 flimsy bits of aluminium and a small pot of glue- standard Seat parts! :p I'll let you know when it arrives...

Wilkip

Sep 14, 2006
Umm wont the parts from spain be for a left hand drive car ? and so the trim wont fit a right hand side driver door ????

psjb

I'm with Wilkip, only noticed yesturday after reading this that the handle's are totally different, you might get away with it but the shape of the ends could be a problem. Cant believe I never noticed this, lol, have to put it down to old age.

phill

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members