bumper replacement

Ant1987

after an unfortunate accident, i ve managed to ruin my rear bumper :cry:

body shop has said that i need a new bumper as i have too badly damaged it.

So... has anyone got any ideas of decent rear bumper or should i just get a copy of my 04 SX bumper. pics would also be great.

Thanks in advance

Ant

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
agree totally, i screwed up my rear bumper n got a new cupra one, pic in avatar! :D looks loooooads better! Part numbers in FAQ section ;)

Triple D

what colour is yours matey? as Bunnin has front and rear pre facelift bumpers in his garage, they are in black magic though.

Ant1987

unfortunately mine is emcion red, but thanks for the thought anyways

I went down to my local dealer today to see about the parts and thought might as well get all done no point in having a cupra backend but not a cupra front end :lol:. as i was looking through the parts list i saw one for lower spoiler, is this actually needed??

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
lower spoiler for the front or the rear end??if its front then im guessing its the lcr splitter but if its rear end then yes deffo needed as it is the rear vallance which has the exhaust cutout and also holds the rear reflectors! also if your doing the front end too then fog lamp kit is needed too also if its a model with smic you will need to convert it to fmic as the smic will get heat soak with the cupra bumper on!

Ant1987

:( investigating needs to be done now, thanks for the heads up rash

Ant1987

just had a quick look and looks like it is front mounted :) so all i need to worry about is the fog lamps??

Ant1987

meh dunno probs didn't look properly :redface:

you said something about fog lamp s need fixing??

Could you explain please??

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Image049.jpg

YOU WILL NEED TO BUY THE GREY FOG SURROUNDS AND THE FOGLAMPS AND ALL THE GRILLS IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE LOOK VERY EASY TO DO ALL YOURSELF THE HARDEST BIT WILL BE THE FOG LAMPS AND WIRING

Ant1987

if thats true might just let the body company do my rear as it needs replacing anyway and do the front myself save me some cash in the long run.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.