bumpstrips painted!! What do you think?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Hi guys, Just got back from my holiday and had my black bits painted whilst i was away... I think it looks a treat, What do you all think? Next on my list is some new wheels :D

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Thanks guys, Glad you like it. I have been waiting about 2 months to get it done. Worth the wait i think!!

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
From the pics i can see ur car is not lowerd. Are you wanting the same size rims? as i think going bigger without lowering could be a mistake? I still think Lowering it on the same size rims is a must when sprint alone are only £100 (if ur on a budget). If you want me to photo shop some images for you mate just send me over some pics of wheels u like.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
The spray job cost me £200 it was done by my cousin. Skorchio i wanted 18" really and yes i would get it lowered a bit too. I think 16" are a bit too small for the leons. I have had a little play with photo shop already but thanks for the offer.

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
Brilliant... I'm hoping to get mine done in the next few weeks, and yours looks great! I'm driving around without the front ones at the moment as I took them off to see what was behind, it does look a bit strange now! Is your car Azalea red? Its a nice colour in those pics anyway :clap:

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
Hey off topic i know Leon sj just noticed your in kent fancy the kent meet on saturday?

Yeah I do actually! Won't be able to stay all evening, I'll be on my way to see the other love of my life over the other side of London, and she'll be most upset if I don't show!! But I'd love to meet some of you guys and see your cars... I'll check in the meets thread to see where and when! Cheers for the invite though :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Painted strips: AWESOME.

All Mk1 Non-FL owners should do it :p

Just looks so much more fluid and less "non-colour coded bumpers". Very nice.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Leon SJ Yes it is Azalea red. Im glad everyone likes the spray job! I know alot of people on here had been asking about painted bumpstrips so thought it would be nice to show it off so you can all get an idea of how it looks. Thanks for all the replys guys..

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Shame it didn't come standard, really. Makes the car nearer to the face-lift appearance, in my opinion.

The non-FL always been a wolf in sheeps clothing to me, but with painted strips... no more :D

strugers1

again this is slightly off topic but would any one be able to telll me wht the cupra side sjirts are held on with?i know a bolt each end but for the skirt to fit flush to the body i used supoer strong adhesive tape what i use for number plates but it does not hold that great any suggestions??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.