Can we (leon mk2 2008 owners) enable cornering lights through vagcom ?

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
dont mind seeing this on the leon vagcom screen, but this function on other cars does my tits right in!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
interesting, noticed this on a few Mercs and always looks like they have a bulb out ;)

I believe it means that if your dipped lights are on and you are cornering at low speed, it fades in the foglight closest to the corner, to help illuminate the direction of travel. I've never driven a car with the feature so I've no idea how useful it is (or not). If I had vag-com, I'd probably enable it just to try it out, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get it.

Seems to me to be a poor man's equivalent of the fancy AFS-type systems which adjust your (xenon) lights towards the direction of turns.

Last edited:

ModifyItAll

Sure you can; I had mine done last week...

I havent really messed with that VAGcom programming, but im sure my tuner could get it done for me. Is it pretty much the same as the Skoda Vrs link that shows how its done??

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
About 2 years ago i drove a Fiat Bravia sport on hire from arnold clark and the fog lights came on or off as you went just before you came to full left or right lock. It was easier when parking in dark places.

I may give it a try on my FR if the option works.

Stuart

I'm pretty sure they could do it for you, but they would certainly charge. Usually they charge at least £30 just to plug the thing in plus whatever time they spend on it! If you can find someone near you with vag-com it might only cost a beer or two...

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hmmm yeah, I will maybe give them a ring and see what they say, unless there is anyone in the Grimsby/Lincs area that would have some free time to do it for a abit of cash? :D

Danny.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members