Can you recommend the Cupra ?

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
Reg said:
Funny isn't it! I usually find that if there are going to be problems, its with after-sales. The sales team are more likely to be wonderful to get you in the door, then after that they don't care.

However, I will never get to try the after sales because the 2 sales people I dealt with were such utter w**kers. Barry (who I later found out is supposed to be in charge) I found to be an arrogant, ignorant tw*t, and some young lad who was in the car when we took one for a test drive was totally clueless. I asked if he knew how the car behaved on less than perfect surfaces (because he only wanted us to drive on a dual carriage way), and if it suffered much from torque steer. I wouldn't mind if he had just said he didn't know what that was and left it at that, but he said he didn't know then proceeded to tell me I was totally wrong when I explained it to him.

Left a deposit on a car that was due in (i.e. deposit was to get first refusal for when we saw it because we wanted a red one, but this one was silver). It was under the express agreement that it was refundable for whatever reason. Barry phoned me every day (the car wasn't eve in) chasing me for a decision, so in the end I just said give me my deposit back and forget it - I'd wait for a red one (which I then bought from Frost's). He made excuses for over a week as to why he couldn't refund the £250 back to my card before I went and stood in the show room and wouldn't leave until he sorted it (which took him nearly 30 minutes of pi$$ing about). Complete and utter morons.
I know exactly the people you are talking about, and yes, they are idiots. The guy behind the counter is a moron as well, but the manager (Bob I think his name is) is really good. I've had a few bits and pieces that needed doing under warranty and they've done them all with no problems at all (and even extra stuff for free). So if you do ever decide to venture back there make sure you talk to the boss and hopefully you'll be ok!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Fair play Luke, cheers for the info. Having the Camberley place right on my doorstep in a blessing though - had mine in their yesterday for a little warranty job on the air-con, and yet again they are faultless. The guy I have dealt with a couple of time is called Paul, and is simply brilliant.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
I should think so. I was stood 3 feet away but felt like I was at a football match with him the volume he talks at.

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Both the Cupra and Cupra R are great value for money, and certainly put a smile on your face. You wont be disapointed. Best to go for a test drive, all cars have some issues, but I dont think there is anything to worry about there.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
LCR's in fact the leon mk1 in general are amazing cars for the price bracket they are in.

I loved my standard Leon 110 TDI SE so much I have changed it for a Leon Cupra TDI 150 FR and I am still amazed with everything about it. Build quality is superb. You may be reading about peoples niggling issues but dont be fooled to think there isnt issues with other cars because there are.

LCR's (based on my FR and my friends LCR) handle brilliantly. They are incredibly quick and very torquie. Very roomy inside and they feel solid when you drive them. Best thing about the LCR and Cupra's are that they look superb and are not littered everywhere. Since i got my FR the amount of looks on the road and comments from friends have been outstanding.

Get one you wont be disapointed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.