Car broke down kast night

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK LAST NIGHT, WHEN BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON THE DASHBOARD, THEN A NOISE FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT.
CALLED SEAT ASSISTANCE, BREAKDOWN TRUCK CAME AND INFORMED ME IDLER PULLER HAS COLLASPED. [:@]

WAITING FOR A CALL FROM GARAGE.

IS THIS A BIG JOB ?

CAR 12 MONTHS OLD ON 28/03/09.:cry:

ANDY.

Last edited:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
should be covered under warranty then. if its just the pulley its not to scary to change but it may have caused other damage

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Doesn't sound to me like a toothed belt tensioner failure. Was the engine still running OK?

Sounds to me more like the alternator belt tensioner that has gone, this is why the battery light came on I think.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Doesn't sound to me like a toothed belt tensioner failure. Was the engine still running OK?

Sounds to me more like the alternator belt tensioner that has gone, this is why the battery light came on I think.

Strange they didn't call it tensioner at the time - remember charge warning comes on when the engine stops and in the panic the driver just remembers things in a random order - but you might well be correct in this case, we can but hope so!

Edit, sounds like that car was a bit young to have its auxiliary belt tensioner fail, now I'm a bit worried about this random failure that seems to affect any car from any manufacturer.

Last edited:

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Seat droitwich, wish i hadn't taken it there. Went in friday morning re aa truck. Still not been looked at when i phoned this morning.

My wife [ boss ] has phoned up and complained !!!!!!!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.