Car rolling roaded today

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Well kinda pleased with the results, the cars virtually standard so hers the results

148.5bhp @ fly, 112bhp @ wheels 164lbft of torque

bit lower than standard power but higher torque which was a bit confusing???

Had a straight line drag race with a 182 clio (well 177bhp) straight after it on the motorway and pulled past him all the way up to max speed which was weird, I thought he would have left me for dead as his is much more powerful

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Thats a pretty big transmission loss from fly to wheels (36bhp), when I had my standard cupra RR at awesome in july I managed between 141 and 146 bhp at wheels and around 160bhp at fly over 3 runs, torque was between 154 and 158 ft/lbs over 3 runs.

Prob have it checked with vagcom to make sure everything is ok, but if its good on the road and performs as it should I wouldn't worry too much about RR results.
On the clio 172/182 subject they can be done easily in a standard cupra in a straight line race, its corners where they have the upper hand.

jacko1988

see im on the hunt for a cupra atm (sorry to but in!) however i just wanted abit of feedback in terms of handerling, as ive gone from a 106 gti, on gaz suspesion, and i dnt want to lose that cornering, how do the ibizas go, when it does come to those fun corners! ha, cheers

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
They handle brilliantly once u added a suspension upgrade and rear 20mm spacers but as standard they are a little rolly. Once upgradeds are on though there the nuts! would never go bk and i had a williams clio which was ment to be the best handling hatch of all times.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
see im on the hunt for a cupra atm (sorry to but in!) however i just wanted abit of feedback in terms of handerling, as ive gone from a 106 gti, on gaz suspesion, and i dnt want to lose that cornering, how do the ibizas go, when it does come to those fun corners! ha, cheers

lmao, you'll love the ibiza then. NOT.

Awful handling car which you have to throw money at to get right. Far from being 'the nuts' imo.

Only now i'm kinda happy with mine with coilovers, rear spacers, front and rear upper strut braces and front and rear anti roll bars with decent tyres.

jacko1988

arr well 2 mixed views, its my 2nd car and i dont want to spend 6k and regret it, it all seems to be between a clio 182, fiesta st, and the beezer! ....Help! lol

jacko1988

lol tell me why do you even own a ibiza then? as you really are putting them dwn! any good things about them?? thing is every1 has a golf these days, so common, and the a3 shape is crap, u will have to spend bucks on getting those right!

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
thats the exact reason i brought one as they are rare. I've got koni srt shocks and springs/front seat sport strur brace/ 20mm rear spacers/ 4 wheel alighned and it handles really well. basicly thats all and it wasn't exspensive. its as exspensive as u want it to be. The mk4 golfs ok but as u say everyone has one and its all about being indervidual. Drive one and see what u think i much prefer my car to a 182 as thats what my mates got and it brakes loads less! from a man that knows how unrealible even new french cars are buy a VAG car!

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
lmao, you'll love the ibiza then. NOT.

Awful handling car which you have to throw money at to get right. Far from being 'the nuts' imo.

Only now i'm kinda happy with mine with coilovers, rear spacers, front and rear upper strut braces and front and rear anti roll bars with decent tyres.

I work in britcar championships for a team as a weekend hobbie and trust me the handling once their set up is spot on! i've taken mine round oulton park and snetterton racing my track preped mg zr and apart from the understeer as i ain't not track driver it handled superbly after i alighned it properly! does urs not handle well then?

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
On the clio 172/182 subject they can be done easily in a standard cupra in a straight line raceQUOTE]

Doubt it!
My hats on my dinner plate and i have a knife and fork ready if you can prove that a Clio 172 or 182 can be had by a standard Cupra both driven properly!
Slowest Clio to 60 is 7 dead! They even give LCR's a headache up to bout 90!

Agreed upto bout 60ish then the cupra starts to catch up. I've only had mine since it was mapped but from what i've been told they are slow as standard. I know there a hell of alot slower now as i was racing my mate home from southend on saturday and it was far enough behind for me to not worry about it anymore.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
:no: it won't, sorry to say! My lil bro's got a K03s Cupra and my mates got a bog standard one and 2 of my mates have Clios a 172 and a 182 and both of them leave the standard Cupra, 0-60 and the Cupra can't catch them even after 60, but, K03s is a diff story tho ;)!

wagcupra1

Jun 24, 2007
Colchester essex
i'm still running ko3. As standard yea they aren't slow but then they are restricted to 156bhp from factory. Add a single map and no other modifications and they are quicker would u not agree? plus clios weigh nothing and most of the cars made of plastic including the front wings ha ha

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Think we're on a diff page! A mapped Beeza will have the Clios but not a standard one!
Sorry wasn't meaning you wouldn;t have one just the guy with the standard one, just find it hard to beleive that he would beat a Clio when his cupra is basically standard!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.