Carista App

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Anyone with a MY20 Cupra manage to get start/stop disabled? Tried setting it to 12.1V which worked for my GTI but not Cupra.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Update: Also tried 12.0V which is recommended everywhere for Vag cars, not working either.

So I unplugged the sensor cable from the battery, I get an error message on screen which disappears shortly after and then it doesn't show up again. The start/stop system is now disabled since it gets no value from the battery and therefore does not cut the engine off.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Update: Also tried 12.0V which is recommended everywhere for Vag cars, not working either.

So I unplugged the sensor cable from the battery, I get an error message on screen which disappears shortly after and then it doesn't show up again. The start/stop system is now disabled since it gets no value from the battery and therefore does not cut the engine off.

Does your cruise and still work? I would think that may have knock on effects to the cars system potentially by freely applying power to everything you wish without consideration to the battery?

I would go through as many trial and error values first, battery replacement is a hefty and expensive process - £300+

I've had a dig through the many forums I used with my golf (I've left start stop on my Cupra, i find it less intrusive than in my GTD), and from the looks of it, the way it works currently is to set the limit at 12.1V and the button flips its value. So, pushing the button 'off' before now turns it on. Have you set it to 12.1V, got the confirmation of applied and cycled ignition/restart head unit and left the button alone and gone for a drive?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Does your cruise and still work? I would think that may have knock on effects to the cars system potentially by freely applying power to everything you wish without consideration to the battery?

I would go through as many trial and error values first, battery replacement is a hefty and expensive process - £300+

I've had a dig through the many forums I used with my golf (I've left start stop on my Cupra, i find it less intrusive than in my GTD), and from the looks of it, the way it works currently is to set the limit at 12.1V and the button flips its value. So, pushing the button 'off' before now turns it on. Have you set it to 12.1V, got the confirmation of applied and cycled ignition/restart head unit and left the button alone and gone for a drive?

All it does is check the voltage of the battery and if it is too low start/stop won't kick in, it is just a sensor.

12.0V and 12.1V in Carista does not work. It worked on my '17 GTI using 12.1V though.

Reactions: Tivver500

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
which is the better bit of kit out of OBDELEVEN and Carista?

Needle sweep and one click folding door mirrors are great already. Seen an option on youtube with the OBDELEVEN where you can select a setting where it helps with traction control and the wheels dont spin when setting off in first gear ect.. Plus the day lights been on the rear ones too not just the front ones.
Do you have to buy credit too because I was confused at the fact that you purchased the product and thought that was it, but im guessing its some sort of membership fee or something.

I have a Leon Fr 2016 if this helps or hinders anything.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds

Needle sweep and one click folding door mirrors are great already. Seen an option on youtube with the OBDELEVEN where you can select a setting where it helps with traction control and the wheels dont spin when setting off in first gear ect.. Plus the day lights been on the rear ones too not just the front ones.
Do you have to buy credit too because I was confused at the fact that you purchased the product and thought that was it, but im guessing its some sort of membership fee or something.

With carista you buy the adapter if you don't already have one that's compatible with the app, then there's a subscription you can either pay something like £8 for a weeks access to customisations and servicing tools or £30 for the year which is obviously the better deal. Without the subscrion I think you can only read and clear fault codes.

I don't have experience with OBDELEVEN but from what I can tell it only works with their own brand adapter and there's a credit system for the customisations, you have to pay for the credits. I also think there's differing levels of the subscription too so standard and pro etc, might be better off posting in the OBDELEVEN thread and asking how it works. The main difference between OBDELEVEN and Carista is that OBDELEVEN has the ability to do long coding like proper VCDS on a laptop which can be better for car model specific customisations, whereas with Carista it's just whatever options are in the customisation menu and no long coding is available.

What's the customisation for traction control if you don't mind me asking? In Carista you can change which ESC and ASC options show up in the car's menu but I've not heard of one for fixing wheel spin

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
With carista you buy the adapter if you don't already have one that's compatible with the app, then there's a subscription you can either pay something like £8 for a weeks access to customisations and servicing tools or £30 for the year which is obviously the better deal. Without the subscrion I think you can only read and clear fault codes.

I don't have experience with OBDELEVEN but from what I can tell it only works with their own brand adapter and there's a credit system for the customisations, you have to pay for the credits. I also think there's differing levels of the subscription too so standard and pro etc, might be better off posting in the OBDELEVEN thread and asking how it works. The main difference between OBDELEVEN and Carista is that OBDELEVEN has the ability to do long coding like proper VCDS on a laptop which can be better for car model specific customisations, whereas with Carista it's just whatever options are in the customisation menu and no long coding is available.

What's the customisation for traction control if you don't mind me asking? In Carista you can change which ESC and ASC options show up in the car's menu but I've not heard of one for fixing wheel spin
The wheel spin thing was to do with an option xr coding option or something but that’s on the obdeleven though

Reactions: Pauly S

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
The wheel spin thing was to do with an option xr coding option or something but that’s on the obdeleven though
Don't suppose it was XDS? That's a setting for an electronic differential I think. Changing the strenght of it should impact high speed cornering slightly.

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
Has anyone had success activating the Pace Car Indicators on their PFL Leon?

I have 65 plate Cupra ST if that matters.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

You can set the tail lights to be "Daytime Running Lights" as well by turning on the "Scandinavian Lights" option. Or atleast that was what it was called when I did mine.

Carista has a month free if you buy their adapter, otherwise you have to pay a subscription but you can get most of your mods done in a month. If they bring out anything else you want, just use someone elses phone for another month or create another apple ID.

Attachments

• 577D5021-EC17-48A7-B12F-26AD5528CBB0.jpeg
    577D5021-EC17-48A7-B12F-26AD5528CBB0.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Wilkesy

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
You can set the tail lights to be "Daytime Running Lights" as well by turning on the "Scandinavian Lights" option. Or atleast that was what it was called when I did mine.

Carista has a month free if you buy their adapter, otherwise you have to pay a subscription but you can get most of your mods done in a month. If they bring out anything else you want, just use someone elses phone for another month or create another apple ID.
Only downside to Scandinavian DRLs is that it activates all the interior lighting too, so unless you have auto lights you have to check whether or not your headlights are on during the day or not

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I
Only downside to Scandinavian DRLs is that it activates all the interior lighting too, so unless you have auto lights you have to check whether or not your headlights are on during the day or not
ive not noticed it do that, I have auto headlights. Do you mean it turns all the lights on the dash on? Because I only noticed that it turns the lights on the headlight selector on even when just in auto. Easiest way to tell if your headlights are on during the day is to see if the satnav is in night mode or not.

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I

ive not noticed it do that, I have auto headlights. Do you mean it turns all the lights on the dash on? Because I only noticed that it turns the lights on the headlight selector on even when just in auto. Easiest way to tell if your headlights are on during the day is to see if the satnav is in night mode or not.
In my pre facelift all the buttons in the dash light up red when Scandinavian DRLs are switched on, not that big of a deal. I don't usually have the nav screen on, usually media or driving data.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Hi received Carista finally and looking at doing a few changes today.

reading the ESC setting and wouldn’t mind it off so the tyres dont soon but, is there an option to keep on in eco/individual mode and turn off solely in sports mode ?

Any other recommendations ?
Obvious ones I’m going to do are the sweeping needle, one click wing mirrors and the parking lights

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hi received Carista finally and looking at doing a few changes today.

reading the ESC setting and wouldn’t mind it off so the tyres dont soon but, is there an option to keep on in eco/individual mode and turn off solely in sports mode ?

Any other recommendations ?
Obvious ones I’m going to do are the sweeping needle, one click wing mirrors and the parking lights
You might want to try the linear throttle response. I personally didnt notice a great difference but not sure i got it to work.

Reactions: Wilkesy

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Just done the basics, going to apply for the beta too. Just doing the debug report now, I understand I send the report as soon as it’s done, where do I send car make, model ect... to afterwards you then receive an email to confirm iv been invited ?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Just done the basics, going to apply for the beta too. Just doing the debug report now, I understand I send the report as soon as it’s done, where do I send car make, model ect... to afterwards you then receive an email to confirm iv been invited ?

When you send the debug report I believe your car details are included. When sending the debug report, just write in the comments of the debug report that you would like to apply for the beta program. Usually within 24 hours you get an e-mail to the address you entered that you are added to the beta program and that you can join by clicking a link in the mail.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise