Carista App

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
When you send the debug report I believe your car details are included. When sending the debug report, just write in the comments of the debug report that you would like to apply for the beta program. Usually within 24 hours you get an e-mail to the address you entered that you are added to the beta program and that you can join by clicking a link in the mail.
Cheers, need to stop jumping the gun. Found it and sent thanks.

Last edited:

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
is Soundaktor, XDS and diff change only on the BETA verison? None are showing as available on the normal version of carista.

Also Is there an option just to turn ABS/ESC(traction control) off just in sports mode, but keep working normal on eco/individual mode.

I have flicked through this thread and seen people are speaking about soundaktor but no confirmation if its just for BETA or normal version.

Also read that I need acoustics to be turn on via the MIB for the beep/chirp to work when locking unlocking so I will have a look at this tomorrow to see if I can get this work or not. Would appreciate if someone could screen shot me their Chirp/beep locking/unlocking screen please if you've got it to work.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
UPDATE

Got the beta but still no soundaktor option so I'm assuming its Cupra only.

Turned the ABS/ESC back to normal didn't want to risk changing the wrong setting, but would appreciate if someone can point me in the direction of just having it turned off in sports mode but keep normal in other modes.

Also noticed I could change the XDS setting but again didn't want to change to the wrong setting, is the higher the value or option you select mean the more traction it will have on cornering?

Also noticed when turning the ignition/engine on all the instrumental alerts light up for a brief second is this normal? Not sure if one of the settings has made it do this.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
UPDATE

Got the beta but still no soundaktor option so I'm assuming its Cupra only.

Turned the ABS/ESC back to normal didn't want to risk changing the wrong setting, but would appreciate if someone can point me in the direction of just having it turned off in sports mode but keep normal in other modes.

Also noticed I could change the XDS setting but again didn't want to change to the wrong setting, is the higher the value or option you select mean the more traction it will have on cornering?

Also noticed when turning the ignition/engine on all the instrumental alerts light up for a brief second is this normal? Not sure if one of the settings has made it do this.

I don’t have the beta version, and cannot change the XDS, however I could do it when I first got the app a year or so ago.

I have always been able to change the soundaktor. Does your car definitely have one?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I don’t have the beta version, and cannot change the XDS, however I could do it when I first got the app a year or so ago.

I have always been able to change the soundaktor. Does your car definitely have one?
Not sure tbh is there away of finding out? I have seen a few mention soundaktor who have an FR but unsure if it’s just the face lift ones for 2017 onwards. I have a 2016 FR

the XDS option on the Beta now going to change that to high eventually.

random question but doing know the original/stock option for the ESC setting I can’t remember what it originally was?

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
Not sure tbh is there away of finding out? I have seen a few mention soundaktor who have an FR but unsure if it’s just the face lift ones for 2017 onwards. I have a 2016 FR

the XDS option on the Beta now going to change that to high eventually.

random question but doing know the original/stock option for the ESC setting I can’t remember what it originally was?

If it doesn’t make extra noise in sport mode then you don’t have one. Which engine do you have?

I believe the 1.8 tsi, 2.0 tdi 184 and cupras have the soundaktor, all the rest do without. That was the case pre facelift anyway.

Reactions: Wilkesy

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
If it doesn’t make extra noise in sport mode then you don’t have one. Which engine do you have?

I believe the 1.8 tsi, 2.0 tdi 184 and cupras have the soundaktor, all the rest do without. That was the case pre facelift anyway.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Any one successfully turned off auto rear wiper in reverse? Mine doesn’t change it, reset wipers in settings too and re done it many times

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, I’m thinking on buying this for my 3.5 FL to basically add cornering lights (because I’ve full led version and it isn’t enabled). However, I have a few questions that I’d like to know whether it is possible or not:

1. Can I adjust the speed range for cornering lights with Carista? If not, what’s the default?

2. Is there any way to make the auto hold work ONLY in uphills? I hate to have it always auto braking while flat or downhill when I just want to let the car go in traffic for example. Right now, is either all on or off.

3. I saw that you can also disable start and stop, but there are many voltages and modes (A and mode B). What is all about? I had never played with such mods. It would be great to make it only stop when fully stopped for 5-6 seconds instead of immediately.

Thank you!

Reactions: Wilkesy

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Quick question: does Carista shows up features that the car doesn’t support? For example, if you don’t have alarm will it show the option to enable alarm?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Quick question: does Carista shows up features that the car doesn’t support? For example, if you don’t have alarm will it show the option to enable alarm?
Yeh it does show options which might not be compatible with your car. Like I have the 1.4 Leon and it states sun roof option rain closing ect... but I don’t have one and also the automatic window close when it rains but I don’t have sensors on my windows. There are a few more too. If you click enable it should prompt you that you don’t have such features to work.

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
@Wilkesy oh right. So it does warn you that you don’t have those features? That’s good enough for me. Because actually I’m not completely aware of what my car might support or not, so that will help me in a way that I won’t be enabling things and expecting them to work if I don’t have the required equipment.

btw, is there any way to enable only auto hold assist in uphills only and disable on flat or downhill? Can’t seem to find that feature in the online list.

thank you!

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
@Wilkesy oh right. So it does warn you that you don’t have those features? That’s good enough for me. Because actually I’m not completely aware of what my car might support or not, so that will help me in a way that I won’t be enabling things and expecting them to work if I don’t have the required equipment.

btw, is there any way to enable only auto hold assist in uphills only and disable on flat or downhill? Can’t seem to find that feature in the online list.

thank you!
Yes and in regards to the hill assist I don’t think you can do that, it’s either on low medium/normal or high so the higher the setting the longer it holds tbh.

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Yes and in regards to the hill assist I don’t think you can do that, it’s either on low medium/normal or high so the higher the setting the longer it holds tbh.
The thing is that mine has the auto brake feature instead of auto hold. I’d like to have auto hold instead. This is, mine, will hold for as long as it needs until you accelerate again. There’s no duration at all involved. This looks like an upgraded hill assist, but curiously, I’d rather have hill assist instead.

Do you know what I’m talking about?

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
If you hold the button down for ~5 seconds you get the Service Menu. If you hold it down for ~20-30 seconds you get the additional Service Menu (this lets you access the Engineering Menu, and other various test / service menus).
This doesn't seem to work on my Facelift. Did anyone manage it? I just get the service menu.

Dec 26, 2019
Using the Carista app I've enabled -

1. Needle sweep (which I believe should have been enabled as its a Cupra)
2. Disabled stop/start (hate s/s with a passion)
3. Turned off the Soundaktor (ridiculous fake noise IMHO)
4. Enabled 1 click auto fold on the exterior mirrors
Hi.
Does this affect my warranty??
I'm only just learning about all this.

Thanks

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Hi.
Does this affect my warranty??
I'm only just learning about all this.

Thanks
From what I’ve been reading around here, I don’t think it will. However, if you damage any part due to any of your custom modifications (via Carista or similar), those won’t be covered by warranty anymore.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.