Catch tank fitted .....eventually

brandon888

will it works just T piece from the rocker cover down to the PCV and a straigth pipe from the catch tank to the TIP ... so im touching the PCV and the BRAKE BOOSTER ?

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
what i mean is on the website it said 15mm inlet but the hose is 19mm ,so the hose is 4mm bigger than the inlet ...

Thats what I was trying to say... you have to first put 1/2" (15mm) pipe over the connections. I cut mine level with the end of the inlet/outlet connector. Then I heated the end of 3/4" (19mm) pipe in boiled water for 20 seconds to make it soft and with a little bit of speed/effort pushed it over the 1/2"(15mm).

It's also easier to do it with the top of the catch can in your hand rather than in situ on the car.

brandon888

can't u just get a catch tank with 19mm inlet and outlet which will be easier ?

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
can't u just get a catch tank with 19mm inlet and outlet which will be easier ?

I spent a lot of time looking when I brought mine. I found one and it cost 100's. It is dead simple to do.

If you use silicon pipes instead you can buy reducers from 19 downwards... Although I think Forge might actually do a catch can now for the 1.8T.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
sleeving it works perfect willie....

mines sound, no leaks and does the job nicely, the pipe that goes to the accumulator is free of all gunk at the valve end.

brandon888

regardin to the installation .... is it possible to T piece from the rocker cover one end to the PCVand the other end to the catch tank ,then from the hockey puck to the catch tank by doing this im not touching the PCV or the BRAKE BOOSTER .... will this install works ???

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I would say that getting rid of PCV valve and all that rubbish pipes under inlet manifold is the best thing that comes from doing Oil catch tank :p. Why you dont want to do that? Do you have to get rid of brake booster line? ON some AUQ engines there is another nipple coming from inlet manifold only for brake booster line. Then you can actually leave it in place.

brandon888

I would say that getting rid of PCV valve and all that rubbish pipes under inlet manifold is the best thing that comes from doing Oil catch tank :p. Why you dont want to do that? Do you have to get rid of brake booster line? ON some AUQ engines there is another nipple coming from inlet manifold only for brake booster line. Then you can actually leave it in place.

i got an AUM not sure how many nipple under the inlet mani , do u have any pics how u connect the new pipe under the inlet mani .... and what did u use to block the brake booster ?

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
regardin to the installation .... is it possible to T piece from the rocker cover one end to the PCVand the other end to the catch tank ,then from the hockey puck to the catch tank by doing this im not touching the PCV or the BRAKE BOOSTER .... will this install works ???

if you dont want to get rid of pcv, then pipe from the pcv valve goes to a t into the rocker cover with the other end going to the first catch can port, 2nd catch can port goes to the accumulator valve on the tip.

brandon888

if you dont want to get rid of pcv, then pipe from the pcv valve goes to a t into the rocker cover with the other end going to the first catch can port, 2nd catch can port goes to the accumulator valve on the tip.

is the accumulator valve another name for hockey puck ???

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
19mm pointing downwards and upwards, with the 16 pointing outwards...

tbh mate, id do what many others have and sleeve over the inlet, works 100% fine