CC remap on stock LCR? RR results anyone?

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
Hi guys, all i have on the LCR at the mo (engine wise) is a green cotton panel filter and forge 007. i know that custom code say youll expect 270bhp or so from a stage one map ... and about the same in torque,

I just wanted to find out if anyone has had a phase 1 Custome Code map on a stock LCR and what the power figures were on a RR

thankyou.

Vin

J0N

Defected!
I reckon I'm going to have mine on the rollers after I've had my exhaust fitted hopefully at the end of the week. With phase one being a generic remap all well maintained engines should roughly develop what C-C claims. Get it done Vin, you won't regret it!

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Yea should make around the quoted figure from CC with a phase 1 and would certainly recommend it only problem, well for me anyway, is got used to the extra power to quickly........ ;) :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
We could really be doing with a sticky with a sample of a stage 1 REVO, CC, APR, Jabba etc and one with Stage 2 as above etc etc

gus

Jun 27, 2006
yes vin if i was you i would get it fone ive heard alot of very good things about CC :) :)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Links should be good mate, my LCR made 262.1bhp @ 5720rpm and 263ft/lb @ 4305rpm.

FY03.png

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Yep you should get the quoted 270-275. I had 281 on the rollers - and 234 before - so around about 275 if you assume I had 225 before.

275 from stage 1? Very doubtful except on an optimistic RR, but that's an old arguement that I'm not going to start up again.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
who knows? all different figures come out. some have quoted 270 bhp and others 240. its down to the dyno lottery and also if the same company whos remapped it runs it up on the dyno, maybe altering the figures to make it look better. wouldnt be happy if you had just payed for a remap and they quoted 270 but only made 250. i had a difference in 50 hp from two difference places. 281 is a massive bhp figure from just those mods and a remap. and everybody could argue about this all day.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
who knows? all different figures come out. some have quoted 270 bhp and others 240. its down to the dyno lottery and also if the same company whos remapped it runs it up on the dyno, maybe altering the figures to make it look better. wouldnt be happy if you had just payed for a remap and they quoted 270 but only made 250. i had a difference in 50 hp from two difference places. 281 is a massive bhp figure from just those mods and a remap. and everybody could argue about this all day.

Exactly why I'm not going to get into it ;)

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
i think the only good way to test is to get a standard brand new(ish) car which states it has xxxbhp take it on the rolling road and see what it makes then remap it and see after what it makes then you may see how accurate it is. although you cant always guarantee a 225bhp leon would make 225, some say theres have made more standard, some less. no point in stating what sort of power it has, untill you have driven the car and how well it puts the power down is a totally different thing than quoting figures.

if the car has been looked after, has no electrical sensors down, a good maf sensor, fresh oil, plugs and clean filter. no problems with the engine it should run good with a remap. most maps are generic and have been tryed and tested on thousands of already remapped cars and know there are no problems, normally the problem is due to a normal problem you would get with a standard non maped car such as coil packs, sensors going down. maybe the map puts more pressure on these components and then problems show up

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Yeah, I did some calculations from the rolling road read-out that I got at the time - and the figure could be anywhere between 253hp and 281hp depending on what percentage losses you calculate (the lower being 15% and the higher 25%). All I know for certain is that I got 211bhp at the wheels as the @engine figure is purely an estimate.

Last edited:

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
Fantastic guys!! alot of good responses there. Skahigh your figures are impressive from a stage 1 CC map. My LCR has been been pretty well maintained, im the 2nd owner. Cars on 65k now, with FULL SEAT HISTORY. everything done by the book. No faults at all through vagcom. AND, pulled in a nice 224 bhp and 219 ft/lbs torque at the p-torque RR day not so long ago, so i reckon im in good stead to go for something soon. mods r listed below. im not into biiig power, but a cheeky stage one does sound very tempting!! ;)

J0N

Defected!
I know the only way to describe power is probably with BHP figures but it's how the car feels and how that power and torque is delivered that's really important and in that respect I am still delighted with Custom-Code. Make the call Vin.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members