Cheap gti's

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Am I mad for wanting another mk2? :blink:

I wont be doing this until well after christmas but i fancy myself a project.......abit of a weapon!

How much do we think i could get a half decent one? What would be the main thing i would need to look for in the car ? Decent shell the main priority?

Any help or ideas would be great, you can even try putting me off the idea ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Do it, I did today :)

reasonable shell, but don't make it or break the deal on that

age, overall condition etc but parts are cheap either way - I wouldn't pick a pre facelift early one.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Do it, I did today :)

reasonable shell, but don't make it or break the deal on that

age, overall condition etc but parts are cheap either way - I wouldn't pick a pre facelift early one.

Weres the thread mate? I wanna see ;) Oh yeah and get megasquirt on it so i can bother you for advise!

I was thinking about the pre-facelifts, for some strange reason whenever i see one the arches etc. are always in perfect condition.

What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Recieved, cheers ;)

The one thing that annoyed me about the 8v was the flat spots and terrible throttle responce. Theres a good read on edition38 were someones fitted megasquirt to a 2E (i think) with the aim to improve on its faults, big improvements all round.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Yeah I'm afraid it won't be going very cheap, just reasonably priced for its mint condition and spec [B)]

Cheers for the plug tho Chris ;)

Jenk, deffo do get another one, I know you won't regret it, a trackday machine :D

Mig

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Its hard to stay away brum :)

Kiwi's nice aslong as the colours nice and rich........very rare though! Purples the best but i would settle for anything.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.