Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
ATE Brake upgrade kit

I know a few people where looking to get upgrades on the Cupra/FR's this seems to be a good upgrade not to far from what unclefester did, but for about 200 notes less (not a porka caliper but a Stoptech i think from the looks of things!)

Thought it might intrest some of you!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I asked for the spec of the calipers as to see the pot sizes etc.. plus asked if the bell rotor throws the caliper back enough to fit behind the wheels, as i know unclefester had to use 10mm spacers on the front to fit his calipers.. and its alittle too far out for most...

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
but was his wheels 17's or 18's as i have just bought the latter, so prob wouldnt ned them but wouldnt mind 5mm spacers or so

let me know if he gets back to you

are you thinking of getting these then seeming as your selling your other ones?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
are you thinking of getting these then seeming as your selling your other ones?

Yeah I'm looking at a R32 set up and have half of the needed parts, but come across this and thought, pretty good set up.

Just did abit of research on this kit and well on the ATE website they list the kit as 1995 Euros, about £1550, so its a bargin from what i see here, either that or that have made a royal f' up on the price, and not realised it...:whistle:

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
The more I look at these the more I want them :(

If I hadnt had to pay for my flights to Florida last night then I'd have been all over these :(

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
of the seller, 325mm my mistake

these disc are 325 mm dia with four pot callipers, there will always be some problems with wheel clearance when using 4 pots on the spoke area, so can't answer that, but if these disc are larger dia they should perform better.
hope this helps.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Are they as good or better then say LCR brakes Bill?

I have no experience of them but ATE are usually ok tho.
This has to be a one off price... no way they are available this price to that spec of 2-piece etc...

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I am very much tempted!!

Mmmmm..........wonder if they will clear my wheels :shrug:

Seems the last kit they sold was at £650. Received good feedback.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.