Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

jamiebennett81

as much as I am one for a bargain....YES they are cheaper, but why?

not saying its a good deal, but you always have to ask yourself why is a £1000 product selling for ALOT less?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I could be wrong, but I recall Quattroman (who organised the Galfer group buy) was from that neck of the woods.... :shrug:

(I've just had a look, he hasn't been on here since Nov 06.)

They're very tempting...

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
thats too cheap to be legit.... surely.

you have to prove where you get everything from on e bay, well i did, i sold 2 i pods that were brand new, and they wanted receipts and everything ended up blocking my paypal and shutting my e bay down with £300 in paypal, so they cant be knocked of,

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Maybe thats the reason they are so cheap, ATE have found out that only very few VAG cars can run these brakes behind their wheels!
It only has to be about 10mm spacers on the front and if you have a Cupra R bumper and lowered, your rip your front bumper off!

The bells on those rotors dont have much depth on them, and also the carrier picture doesnt have much of a lip to throw the caliper back very far.... maybe thats it, cheap because "borught as seen" your problem if they dont fit...

Would make sense that way, as they HAVENT answered my question about the bell depth and the spec and sizes of the calipers!!

Something smells fishy but just cant put my finger on it, and as Stu says, I'm still not convinced those are no bigger than 312mm discs... the ratio in the picture of the bell and rotor just aint right to be anything bigger than 312mm

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
i cant see the guy lying about the size of the discs, especially when i am going to collect of him as well, at the end of the day he will only get bad feedback from it, they may be cheap, but e bay in general is cheap for stuff,

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
in the next couple of days, and getting them fitted the same day i pick them up, i will let you all knowhow they work, and how much clearance there is on my s3 wheels,

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
And you can post up pictures of the disc with a tape measure next to it, to show us the size of the discs in diameter AND width then!
Also like to see pictures of the pads fitment, as looking on the ATE website, theres a kit you buy with the new pads to fit the new pads in, as they come "pre-installed" on the calipers when you buy them, so intrested to see the design of this "trailing pad orientation"