Clear Side Repeaters

dirtbiker

Dec 28, 2006
Southampton / Nottingham
Hi All,

Finally got an insurance policy that allows mods so I'm going to do a few (tasteful) things to the car.

First off I'd like some clear side repeaters (like the ones on Mk4 Golfs). Where's the best place to get hold of a pair. I noticed that Awesome GTI have some for £15 excluding postage, is there anywhere cheaper?

Cheers

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Hi All,

Finally got an insurance policy that allows mods so I'm going to do a few (tasteful) things to the car.

First off I'd like some clear side repeaters (like the ones on Mk4 Golfs). Where's the best place to get hold of a pair. I noticed that Awesome GTI have some for £15 excluding postage, is there anywhere cheaper?

Cheers

If you are meaning the crystal clear side repeaters (the ones that are like a mirror) i have a set that i am not using so you are welcome to them if you want them. If you can post up a pic of what ones you mean i will let you know.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Have you considered smoked ones?

Well they are more black than smoked but look much better than the orange or clear options.

These are the ones I got: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Passat-Pol...2910836QQihZ004QQcategoryZ14763QQcmdZViewItem

Fitted perfectly and mine came with orange bulbs too.

However, I'm not sure on the legalities of them?

I quite like the look of those really dark ones. I currently have smoked ones on my car but they arent as dark as those.

Think I may have to get the really dark ones as they would look good on a white car. :whistle:

Mckellar

like so:
11102007134.jpg

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
The smoked ones I can't see a problem with? I got a set off the bay that are OEM quality and look so much better
i'd be shocked if I were told that they were illegal! They show up just as bright and orange as before

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
I have some smoked ones that come standard on Cupra 16v's in the shed. I've got clear ones from a Mk1 leon on my ibiza that i got from a dealer. They need a bit of re-wiring to fit though.

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
I can say though, the painted ones are illegal. Well, depends on what person pulls you over but my old painted lights used to get me pulled over all the time.... and they were painted an orangey red!

Mckellar

yeah they are a nice colour, they arent much lighter when they are clean tbh.
compared to my porka ones they are dark! porka ones were star silver with a sort of light flake through it