climate control light gone

andybk

anyone had any experience of changing the bulb in the climate control , mine all gone dark everything works ok , just very difficult to adjust in the dark , hope its a buld not a soldered in lcd , just thought i would ask before i stripped it out ,
thanks andy

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The standard unit has LED's for illumination, like the dashboard, and they are not meant to be replaceable. However, if all the lights have gone out at once then the problem is more likely to be the power feed for the lights.

andybk

The standard unit has LED's for illumination, like the dashboard, and they are not meant to be replaceable. However, if all the lights have gone out at once then the problem is more likely to be the power feed for the lights.

i did originally think that , but the main unit is working ok , would it have a seperate power source for the lights ? , having said that i noticed the radio light is pulsing ocassionally , and the clock has reset its self , there may have been a power surge somewhere that blew the CC light , perhaps the alternator is giving up .

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Yes, I'd expect the lights to be powered separately, so as to work properly in a car where the instrument illumination only comes on when you switch on the headlamps.

andybk

update : put the cigarette lighter back in today and all came back on , have been using outlet for sat nav , so must have moved something , or a switch stuck , so all fine and no need to spend the weekend stripping the dash down , thanks for all the replies ,andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise