climate control tricks

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
great the same happens with mine no cold in the winter but if i turn off auto it goes colder can this be done under warranty? lol and i wonder why seat did not put more settings on the climatronic as mine stops at 18 degress and thats not that cold and 29 thats a bit hot.... y didt they make it go down to around 10? (for the summer)

Sinbad

Oct 25, 2006
Johannesburg, South Africa
The procedure in the new Ibiza is the following:
Turn on the recirculation.
Then press simultaneously the five central buttons of the climatronic: Auto, Econ and the three arrows. You can scroll through 52 codes using the temp knob. However I have no idea what each code stands for!!

In fact you only need to press the three arrows and ECON at the same time...
Also no idea what the numbers stand for :shrug: Gonna try talking to my dealer tomorrow!
I think #8 is something like temp of air flowing out of the vents, and #5 seems to be a front bumper or underbonnet ambient temp sensor... I couldn't find anything for speed or rpm.

alex_roy144

Yes, I've seen this before - I think you can do various tricks on most VAG group cars with Climatronic, but can't remember much about it or how you do it.

Do a search - it's been discussed somewhere before, try searching on "climatronic" that should point you in the right direction....

did you find a list of exact codes on ibiza mk4 climatronic.or a link

thank you

Martin T

Hi Guys

My air con is playing up.
I had it re gassed about 10 months ago and since then it has been going down hill.
When Seat Dealer re gassed it they put dye in it and have since found a leak on one of the pipes coming from Compressor to radiator. Leak was from under the p clip. saw dye bubbling out.
Thought this is it.
Got new Pipe and fitted it and regassed. aircon still not cold.
Took car back to seat dealer to have codes on dianostic computer checked out , said all the flaps as in the air directions buttons work but wanted to re gas as thought this was problem.
I had oil changed in may this year and stupid garage put floor pan cover thingy back on wrong, if this was stuck in smaller of Fans on Radiator would this cause air con compressor too fail ? or would a pressure switch fail to protect it? checked fuses on drivers side panel ones for climate control and cooling fan in cabin look okay and stop circuits working if removed.

After reading some of the posts above regarding the 5 button press looks like you don't have to press the re circ button first.

Does anyone know if they have a small spanner symbol displayed when in this diag mode?

I can control the fan / flaps when in this mode by turning the fan speed control and each button in turn.

Pressing the Econ Button returns it to normal mode.

Hope anyone can help with my problem aircon as I'm baffled???

dava

Nov 22, 2010
hello

because i got confused,i have a cordoba 2003 mod with the 101bhp engine..can i see the information in the clima lcd like the leon/toledo owners??

dava

Nov 22, 2010
does anyone know the list about the functions shown in the climatronic screen for ibiza mk4??

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
Hey bump for this as my seat cordoba 2003 is now playing up arghhh. Ive had it regased and it has no leaks but the aircon isn't switching on i can get hot but no cold unless its cold outside. Please help.

xwardos

Lord Cumalot
Jul 21, 2011
Malta
I have a strange question for you guys....is it normal that when i put the car in 'reverse' while the aircon/climate control is on, the fan's speed up.....then one i put the car into 'first' gear the fan's reduce speed.

would my climate control need a reset of do i have issues with the ECU?

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
I have a strange question for you guys....is it normal that when i put the car in 'reverse' while the aircon/climate control is on, the fan's speed up.....then one i put the car into 'first' gear the fan's reduce speed.

would my climate control need a reset of do i have issues with the ECU?

Funny you should say this as i've noticed this with my ibiza as well, always thought it was a bit strange.

Guess its just part of the ibiza package ;)

Trx-33

Oct 30, 2012
If I remember correctly there is an explanation in the owners manual, something to do with not recirculating exhaust gasses in the cabin

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise